PRC377- The Silent of No Songs (Silent Hill 2)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 377
PRCv15-13

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

In PRC375 it was HoboKa who submitted a song and got to pick a source for this round. Evktalo also contributed with a bonus song.

On 6/15/2018 at 5:49 AM, HoboKa said:

umm hmm....what to pick...Been in a silent hill mood.  SILENT HILLLLL!!!

https://files.khinsider.com/midifiles/ps2/silent-hill-2/true-2-.mid

Source: Silent Hill 2 (PS2) - True

MIDI File

Source Information

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

To submit a song at the compo page you can use the ThaSauce page. If you use this, an account is required. If you don't want to use ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in this thread. I recommend Soundcloud, don't forget to allow downloads to enable me to upload the song at ThaSauce. I will keep using ThaSauce as the place where all songs are located.

If you want to use ThaSauce, the following steps should be done.

• Click the ThaSauce Link.
  • Click the 'You are not logged in' button in the upper right.
  • Click on 'register' (at the bottom).
  • Read the terms and click 'I agree to these terms'. If you don't agree with them, upload the song somewhere else and post a download link as mentioned above (by doing that, you allow me to upload the song at ThaSauce.
  • Continue the process by filling in your information.
  • You will get a question to confirm that you're not a robot. Here are some possible answers:
  1. Name a compo: PRC
  2. Who organizes One Hour Compo: Starla
  3. Name a ThaSauce subdomain: compo.thasauce.net
  4. Who created Mega Mans: Capcom

A confirmation mail will be send. There might be some issues with it (meaning that you don't get it), if that is the case, upload the song somewhere else as described above.

Once registered, login with your username and password, go to the mentioned page and submit the song. If you want submit two or more songs you can create multiple ThaSauce accounts or upload the song somewhere else and post the download link.

After uploading your song, please check if your song plays and can be downloaded and played without problems. Only upload MP3 files.

PRC instructions

• The deadline is Wednesday July 18th 2018 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread.
  • You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.
  • Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  • Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.
  • The winner of this round may select the source for PRC379, the round after next round.
  • The winner of PRC375, HoboKa, who picked this source, can only participate by submitting a Bonus Mix. His vote is doubled in the voting stage.
  • You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC ThaSauce Home Page!

• 2 weeks later...

sub'd a bonus.  This turnout sure is depressing.  Is OCR forums dying after all?  Or has most everyone, minus those who've posted here abandoned the compo scene? =/

"In my restless dreams, I see that town...PRC.  You promised you'd remix this tune someday.  But you never did.  Well, I'm alone there now.  In our 'special place', Waiting for another remix..."

10 hours ago, evktalo said:

The trick is to just submit whatever you've got. Like I just did!

Thanks for that and thanks Hoboka for submitting again a bonus.

For the current round I'll try a monthly remix period instead of two weeks. I may consider to start PRC379 before PRC378 ends, but I'm not sure about that yet. 

PRC378 will start today.

Evktalo, please send the source for PRC379 to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Send your source as fast as you can, but before next Wednesday (1 August), 10:59 AM ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT).