Design Research: How do you use OC ReMix? [Personal Project]

Intro

Hi there!

I'm a digital product designer (sometimes known as a UX/UI designer) and I'm currently doing a personal design challenge: redesign a website from scratch. I've chosen ocremix.org for this challenge as it has been close to my heart since I was little and I'm already familiar with the site and its mission.

BUT...

I can't do this all on my own. Any decent design needs to be informed by its users and their needs. This is where you (yes, you) come into the picture. Below is a quick overview and then a few questions about how you use OC ReMix. Cool? Cool :)

Overview

What is this?

Redesign a website (ocremix.org in this case) with complete creative freedom, unrestricted by budget and technical constraints. This is a pure exercise of design.

How exactly?

• Gather data on how and why users interact with the website and other potential channels.
  • Use this data to define a brief and/or list of goals to work against during the project.
  • Produce a set of mockups that provide a solution for the goals outlined in the brief.

Why though?

Learning about my own process as a designer to better understand my strengths and areas for improvement.

Survey

Please follow this link to answer the survey. No personal data will be collected and none of the questions can be used to identify you.

Go to the survey →

Thanks for your time! If there's interest, I can keep this thread updated with my progress.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with OverClocked ReMix in any way. Any outcome of this project is strictly personal and should not be viewed as representative of OCR.

Hi again! Despite how empty this thread looks, I've gotten so many great responses from you guys! I just wanted to reach out to say thanks to everyone who has participated! It has been super helpful and I look forward to sharing some progress in the near future, either here or a new thread.