OCR04184 - Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild "Run"

Liontamer

• djpretzel changed the title to OCR04184 - Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild "Run"

Just beuatiful. Despite all the glitchiness going on, this piece feels really cozy and comforting. There's definitely something nostalgic about the atmosphere. It really feels like a little tale of the old days :) The item jingle at around 1-minute mark is a nice touch and the piano at 1:43 nearly broke me... In a good way, haha. Once again, exceptional work, Michael!

I know I already gushed over this in my judge comment from the writeup, but this is truly a brilliant, warm, understatedly-beautiful arrangement. It's catchy like a pop song, but also extremely heady and cerebral. I still don't understand how you were able to extract all of these feelings from such an unassuming source with such minimal instrumentation. This feels like a fully-realized version of the concepts you've teased and experimented with in your previous remixes, and I'm so glad to see it posted. Bravo!! 

Thanks for your great compliments, truly.  I think the stark contrasts between higher and lower frequencies, a lot of details in panning, and the consistent momentum/pulse throughout are the 3 things that make this one work despite it being fairly lo-fi. Plus, the original was pretty different for being in a Zelda game, so I only had to meet it half-way in terms of doing something experimental.

• 3 years later...