OCR04496 - Street Fighter II "Vega's Theme (Pulse Mix)"

Liontamer

As always - excellent remix by MkVaff. Excellent review by djpretzel. I'm forever going to envision Vega dive bombing a Herman Miller Aeron chair whenever I hear this mix. 

The start of this mix seems like a banger already - but then at 0:41, the drop comes in and the intro seems understated in comparison. Guitars, sawtooth, and even castanets take their perfect places on the stage of sound that MkVaff sets up for us, and I am up on the table flamenco dancing with the loveliest of Spanish señoritas. Good thing I vacated that Aeron chair.

Yow!

• 2 weeks later...

Man there is so much to love about this mix, but there are two things I have to mention in particular:

First, the off-beat chord stabs in the intro, that sound almost but not quite guitarrish, and almost but not quite synthish Is it a sample of a guitar strum that's cut super short, or is it a synth with similar tonal characteristics to a guitar, or what? Whatever it is, it's incredibly compelling.

Second -- and this is MkVaffe's signature -- is the way every single element has space to breathe. Absolutely nothing gets lost in the mix; I feel like I can hear every single drum hit, every single note on every single synth, every reverb tail, everything. I don't understand how MkVaffe does this, but he does it better than anybody. Every single element shines through.

Absolutely delightful

• 4 months later...