Alive 2007 (Daft Punk tour)

Hum4n After All

This whole sampling deal that came up is retarded. I have no idea why people are all like "Oh I was a little let down when I heard about the samples."

or "I'm kind of disappointed in Daft Punk knowing they used samples."

Stupid. In the Discovery liner notes it shows that they used samples from the songs. Its not like they were hiding it. I don't understand why people are bugged out from this when its old news! It was there 6 years ago. And nobody did anything then. Until a video on YouTube comes along and shows you. -_-

From Wikipedia

According to an interview with Remix Magazine Online, Thomas Bangalter states:

“ This album has a lot to do with our childhood and the memories of the state we were in at that stage of our lives. It's about our personal relationship to that time. It's less of a tribute to the music from 1975 to 1985 as an era, and more about focusing on the time when we were zero to ten years old. When you're a child you don't judge or analyze music. You just like it because you like it. You're not concerned with whether it's cool or not. Sometimes you might relate to just one thing in a song, such as the guitar sound. This album takes a playful, fun, and colorful look at music. It's about the idea of looking at something with an open mind and not asking too many questions. It's about the true, simple, and honest relationship you have with music when you're open to your own feelings. ”

A significant amount of sampling is present on this album. The sampled tracks reinforce Thomas Bangalter's statement about Discovery's theme. Rather than simply creating new music out of the samples, Daft Punk actually worked with them by writing and adding instrumental performance. The use and clearance for the samples of "I Love You More", "Cola Bottle Baby", "Can You Imagine" and "Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed" are documented in the Discovery liner notes. Several websites list many other samples present on the album, but Bangalter has stated that half of the samples listed are not true. He also stated the sampling they do is legitimately done, not something they try to hide.

Stupid. In the Discovery liner notes it shows that they used samples from the songs. Its not like they were hiding it. I don't understand why people are bugged out from this when its old news! It was there 6 years ago. And nobody did anything then. Until a video on YouTube comes along and shows you. -_-

Sorry bro, I only got Discovery two years ago and I never read the liners.

I also don't think it's "stupid" to think a band is less creative than you initially thought for sampling instead of writing a riff from scratch. I'm not saying they're Timbaland or anything here, and I don't think anyone in this thread is. Just saying they would have earned more respect & admiration from me had they created those riffs instead of sampling them, even if the sampling was creative.

I've checked various torrent sites and they do not have it.

They were the 2006 Coachella show. I've downloaded one and could tell right away it wasn't it. Simply because I have the Coachella show. And because Burnin' was not on there. Also because the torrent said it was the Deluxe Edition. If it was it would of had the Encore song in it. Which it didn't.

So maybe there are some other torrent sites that have it but the ones I've encountered did not.

This album is going to be fucking sweet. I have had that live Harder, better, faster, stronger/Around the World song on almost every day.

So have I! The bass dynamics are insane! It's like bass on bass on bass. I play it as loud as I can on my radio at home. It rocks the house.

Too bad the actual physical release has been delayed to December 4th for us Americans.

I just realized that the new HBFS remix is more of a mashup of a bunch of DP songs, not only the old HBFS, but Voyager and Around the World, the last of which I hadn't heard before. Not quite as cool as I initially thought.. again.. still a great track.

That is actually what really made me like the song. I dunno, I just thought it was really cool how they combined them and actually made them... flow together.

I guess you could say the whole live album is just a bunch of songs combined together, here is the tracklist:

1. ROBOT ROCK / OH YEAH

2. TOUCH IT / TECHNOLOGIC

3. TELEVISION RULES THE NATION / CRESCENDOLLS

4. TOO LONG / STEAM MACHINE

5. AROUND THE WORLD / HARDER BETTER FASTER STRONGER

6. BURNIN' /TOO LONG

7. FACE TO FACE / SHORT CIRCUIT

8. ONE MORE TIME / AERODYNAMIC

9. AERODYNAMIC BEATS / FORGET ABOUT THE WORLD

10. PRIME TIME OF YOUR LIFE / BRAINWASHER / ROLLIN' AND SCRATCHIN'/ALIVE

11. DA FUNK / DAFTENDIREKT

12. SUPERHEROES / HUMAN AFTER ALL / ROCK'N ROLL

Anyways, I cannot wait for this.

insound fucked my shit up.

The bank says it was charged 3 times for my order. The site shows the price of one and the qty. is 1. This too happened to my friend. He just called em up fixed the problem and that was that. Anybody else ordering from insound check and make sure you weren't charged multiple times.

Also...

2 more weeks.