OCR00716 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Lost Woods South Central"

orkybash

Yeah, i like this mix!! It has sorta has a undergroundy-shady feeling for me, i really dont know why... hehe.

It doesnt stick to the original much which is a good thing and the trumpets are really great. My only problem with it is that once it get into that main part where it plays the Lost Woods tune from Lttp over and over again with the trumpets it feels like it pretty much the same for the rest of the remix, which is good because the instrumental and rythmic part is VERY well done, it really gives that R n' B feeling to it, but its bad at the same time because it get a bit too repetitive there.

Anyway it's an overall great remix and truly Zelda worthy! I really like the voice choir that is heard lightly on the background for the first time at 1´53´´ and really enhances that Zelda feeling because it evokes the Temple of Time/Master Sword get! background choir.

Nicely done, get to be in my iPod! Along with DJpretzel with his Bubble Bobble mix and this weeks VGDJ and also sever McVaffe tunes! Yay!

• 5 months later...

Whoa. This is a very interesting combination: a back-alley type beat like R and B mixed with some upbeat trumpet underlining it. Don't get me wrong, though, it's amazing. Now that's a stroke of true creativity. It's like mixing two foods you wouldn't normally put together and then realizing that it tastes really good! Thanks for this innovative mix!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

loving those beats right out of the gate, there's great sound to them. Just when things seemed to be stuck in a groove, the whole track drops out and some trumpet comes in. Way creative and cool, I really like it. THe backing track builds a little bit at the end, which is nice, but I think an additional B section or something would have been good to keep the track even fresher, or a varied drumbeat.

Pretty good overall though. :-)

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00716 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Lost Woods South Central"