Job Interview

Synth

Edit: Sorry about thread title I hit enter befor I finished. Its supposed to be "Job Interview" if a mod can change it.

So I got a interview tomorrow at Gamestop. I've been out of the gaming loop for a year or so now. Obviously the new things are Wii, ps3, and 360. So can someone give me a quick run down about the good games for these systems, and ones for ps2, xbox and teh cube. Or really just anything I should know about gamming befor I go into my interview.

I worked at gamecrazy and they never asked me crap about videogames.

Gaming stores don't actually expect their employees to know jack about games. In the case of EB/Gamestop, the only reason some employees do is because they spent so much time and money playing games that they can't get any better job, or haven't realized how crappy the job is yet.

Gaming stores don't actually expect their employees to know jack about games. In the case of EB/Gamestop, the only reason some employees do is because they spent so much time and money playing games that they can't get any better job, or haven't realized how crappy the job is yet.

Or like the minimal discount, though that really wasn't enough for me. Unless your Gamestop is freakish, you probably won't need to know jack jiminy crap about games.

Or like the minimal discount, though that really wasn't enough for me. Unless your Gamestop is freakish, you probably won't need to know jack jiminy crap about games.

The difference between my 10% discount at Target and the 15% discount at EB is so outshadowed by the $2.10/hr increase in pay it's not funny. As far as new games go, the selection isn't much worse, either--I only have to wander back into EB for rarer games like Yggdra Union.

But anyway, most game store gigs suck.

This goes back to the retail thread, but I don't think all retail is inherently bad. It's just a matter of finding the retail gig that's best for you, selling what suits you best.

Who said anything about retail in general being bad? Only complaints I see here are about gaming stores. Target is great, for a part-time job.

That's true. My first job was as a cashier at Target. It wasn't a bad job; a bit hectic during certain times of the year, but overall, a good job.

Every person should work in retail at least once in their life. You gain a huge appreciation for the crap that retail workers sometimes have to deal with.

As for preparing for a job interview, you should focus on more important things than video game knowledge. Employers always look for the same things: communication skills, the ability to work in groups, etc. Focus on selling your soft skills.