Dance Dance Revolution

atmuh

This should be #47, but the down arrow has been acting up and gave me a pad boo. This happened on like 3 other songs.

senoritafi1.jpg

Ummm, I never read though this forum... so I didn't know just how serious the people posting in it were. Bigfoot... you are one crazy dude. lol

As such, I'm turning to you for help. I've reached what I think is my cap for DDR. I've been playing DDR extreme (japan), and on songs like Max Unlimited and MAX.(period) I KNOW that I'll never be able to A or AA them playing like a noob. My mind can just keep up, but my legs cannot move any faster.

So my question: How the hell do you train yourself to use both heels and toes separately? I've invested so many hours just flailing my legs around that I can't convince them to do anything but. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated. :|

(Oh and in reference to your pad Boo... why is it always the down arrow that does that? Thats how it seems anyway. Damned down arrow....)

About the down arrow, I have no idea. It only started to do it today. It was normally the up arrow that would give me problems :P

About heel/toe: The majority of the time that I play, I play flat-footed. I found playing this way years ago to use less energy than playing on my toes. I also exercise here and there, so that helps some. Stamina is a huge deal when it comes to dance games. There used to be days where I can barely finish Max 300 or Maxx Unlimited, but now they're cake. Build stamina by going for jogs/long bike rides or something.

Also, do you have a local arcade that has regulars that play? In my early days, I got a lot better by just watching others play.

The next time I go, I'll try and get some videos of my body to show you how I play.

Pfft, this game isn't about dancing. It's about smashing arrows.

That is exactly why I stopped playin DDR. It just stopped being fun for me. Since then I have had much more fun with DrumMania and Beatmania. I don't like Guitar Freaks though. It doesn't feel natural. Guitar Hero is much better than Guitar Freaks. But in the way of dancing Pump is way more fun. For the most part it has better music, (save for most of taka's work, RevenG, and DJ Amuro), more logical steps (no mindless stepping for me), and less annoucer guy (I am aware you can turn him off but still....). I know you had to have tried Pump there BF.

About the down arrow, I have no idea. It only started to do it today. It was normally the up arrow that would give me problems :P

About heel/toe: The majority of the time that I play, I play flat-footed. I found playing this way years ago to use less energy than playing on my toes. I also exercise here and there, so that helps some. Stamina is a huge deal when it comes to dance games. There used to be days where I can barely finish Max 300 or Maxx Unlimited, but now they're cake. Build stamina by going for jogs/long bike rides or something.

Also, do you have a local arcade that has regulars that play? In my early days, I got a lot better by just watching others play.

The next time I go, I'll try and get some videos of my body to show you how I play.

heh, DDR IS my stamina workout. 90 minutes of DDR is far more demanding than a 90 minute soccer game. (of course that might be because I still play with only toes) I've been playing 2-3 hours a day straight heavy songs this last week. I'm loving the workout, but I'd rather get better than get a better workout. Anyway videos of your stance/footwork would be great. Thanks alot. :<

So my question: How the hell do you train yourself to use both heels and toes separately? I've invested so many hours just flailing my legs around that I can't convince them to do anything but. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated. :|

it came naturally for me. if youre doing a quick up-left-down or something, you eventually learn that using the toe for up and the heel of the same foot for down is more comfortable and quicker than having to pick your foot up.

as for the MAX songs. just move your legs as fast as possible. i find that being flat-footed for these is more comfortable. ddrfreak.com has stepcharts so you can learn the steps. once youve got the patterns down its not hard.

now paranoia survivor max oni is a whole 'nother world of bullshit.

You think Burning Heat is hard to play on DDR? Its a whole nother beast on Beatmania. It's Another difficulty is incredible hard. I still play on normal and I tired it just for kicks. Never again..... Never again....

I don't think it's HARD as such, but it's a beast to get a good PA on.

Anyway, what diff. is the IIDX chart at? I'm not very good...only doing 5/6 at the moment.

I don't think it's HARD as such, but it's a beast to get a good PA on.

Anyway, what diff. is the IIDX chart at? I'm not very good...only doing 5/6 at the moment.

The chart is I think a niner with nothing but cords. These cords aren't so bad until about half way through when they make you get Carpel Tunnel trying to hit em all. I just started playing 6 levels and I have 732 points on my E-Amuzment pass.