Sign in to follow this  
analoq

ORC103 - Not The Last Starfighter - RESULTS!

51 posts in this topic

RESULTS:

ladies and gentleman, the votes are in:

6. avaris - Space Parade (7)

5. andyjane - Solar (8 )

5. hbpencil - lunacy (8 )

4. Rayza - Awesome Song Great Job (10)

3. Nutritious - Cosmic Drifting (14)

2. S|r Nuts - Stellar Blast (17)

1. Cyan - The galaxy is at peace (22)

many thanks to all of you, this round of ORC was a huge success !

congratulations to Cyan, please send in your original music to Doulifee within the next couple weeks.

i've been in contact with Rexy and we feel it is best for everyone to delay ORC an additional week so that ORC and PRC can run opposite to each other like they used to.

go here to view all the votes (link at bottom):

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/ORC103

Source Material:

long ago, a friend of mine was learning to use Visual Basic. he made this delightfully crappy space shooter and asked me to write background music for it. the idea of writing video game music doesn't thrill me, but it was fun to make a Gradius-style piece of music. this is pretty much the last MIDI file i made before i started releasing music in mp3, it's about seven years old!

analoq - Star Fighter: MIDI

Deadline:

8:00pm PST, 11:00pm EST on May 4th, 2007.

Rules:

• Use as much or as little of the source material as you like.
    But use it!
  • Be as conservative or interpretive as you like.
    But voters won't appreciate rips!
  • Have fun.
    No whining!

thanks, cheers, and good luck !

http://compo.thasauce.net/

please let us know how if you have any problems! get me on skype or go to #thasauce on ETG

Cool :D

Source is good for this kind of thing too - prominent melody parts and a few different sections to work with. Maybe it's just because it's called starfighter but it does remind me of some early 2D PC shooters.

Hey, cool source. I think I'll come up with something this time. Too bad I've been out of ORC the last couple of rounds.

analoq is running this now? coolio :D I wouldn't mind if douli of you handled it, you're both awesome.

I don't have time at all to do compos anymore... but hell, it's analoq, I'll take a break and do this.

edit: you know, i've been listening to this on loop for the last 10 minutes. damn gorgeous vocals, what are they from?

cheers.

Kate Lesing 2 from VIPZone.. Autotuned to hell (not my doing..)

sweet!

also, you guys don't need to put ORC103 in your entry title. the system will take care of that for you. and you can link to your entries from c:TS here if you like.

cheers.

I'm working on a mix in 70's synth -style (I've been listening to Kraftwerk a bit too much, I suppose), seems to turn out well. Not finished yet, though.

you think you can listen to too much Kraftwerk? you are a disgrace to electronic music. get the fuck out.

kidding aside, i'm looking forward to it! ORC needs more electro. (:

you think you can listen to too much Kraftwerk? you are a disgrace to electronic music. get the fuck out.

kidding aside, i'm looking forward to it! ORC needs more electro. (:

There's never enough kraftwerk.

My entry is almost finished (4 minutes or so done) I'll try to finish it this week. If I don't get to finish it I guess I'll have to submit the wip as a bonus mix.

It sounded tight though.

no prob, you still have till friday night to enter. plenty of time to finish something, even if you hadn't started yet.

entries! entries! entries! entries!

show me your love !

I am going to see how much I can get done in 30-45 minutes, if I get anything substantial I'll submit it even if I think it sucks.

^^^ that's the right attitude.

any of you guys study improvisation before? "The only wrong note is the one you don't play."

the only way to lose a compo is not to participate !

nice, nice.

as for the rest of you, you've got less than 24 hours to get your entries in. check out my sig for a wicked countdown!

check out my sig for a wicked countdown!

Hey, what am minute! It changes - it actually counts down! Wow, I'm impressed :D

Good stuff. Will be submitting soon.