Anyone psyched about the new Smashing Pumpkins record?

Devyn

I am. I can't wait to get it. I know that Billy and Jimmy (lol, double dragon) are the only guys left in the band, but Billy's been the main songwriter forever, and the three tracks I've heard are quite nice.

In fact, it sounds similar to pre-Adore era Pumpkins, with random solos everywhere and beefy drums included.

I just thought I'd give ya'll the heads up, because I know that there is a respectable number of 90's rock fans around here.

i didn't say i was buying all four :o

supremespleen is buying none

I didn't say you were buying four, I was referring to the general populace.

But anyway, I'm not a big fan of pitchfork media anyway. I prefer Smashing Pumpkins, who are good and make good music. Pitchfork media just write over-critical and biased reviews. By the way, they didn't say much about AFI's decemberunderground, which came with different downloads depending on the store you buy it from.

Also, the guy also forgets to acknowledge that the Smashing Pumpkins released an entire 25-song album for free on the internet (Machina 2), and they also played a world tour in which 100% percent of the proceeds went to charity. They donated millions of dollars, 100% of their tour money for charity.

Yeah, they really screwed their fans, didn't they, making them donate to a worthy cause and see a good show at the same time.

Oh yeah, how about the time that they made a special ticket system in the late nineties because they were tired of seeing their fans be scalped?

The Pumpkins are total assholes lol.

Bravo, megadave. I for one support the group, essentially because of the music they create, and will be purchasing the new album (although, not sure which one.)

As a side note, I really liked Adore and their sub-sequent releases. That sound has a lot of similar elements to certain OCReMixes and VGM arrangements in general.