Do you know Squarepusher ?

PriZm

I saw the guy play in LA a few years back. Amazing show. What's weird is he's this middle aged English dude with long hair who looks like a professor or something, then he yells, "let's fucking rawk!", after which he proceeds to do so. He plays the bass like a robot on crack. The show is mind-bendingly loud and the light show is intense. I really enjoyed it, but when I hear about military groups subjecting people to audio torture I can't help to imagine what it would be like to be be locked in a room with Squarepusher being played for 48 hours on end. Electronic hardcore at it's finest!

I saw the guy play in LA a few years back. Amazing show. What's weird is he's this middle aged English dude with long hair who looks like a professor or something, then he yells, "let's fucking rawk!", after which he proceeds to do so. He plays the bass like a robot on crack. The show is mind-bendingly loud and the light show is intense. I really enjoyed it, but when I hear about military groups subjecting people to audio torture I can't help to imagine what it would be like to be be locked in a room with Squarepusher being played for 48 hours on end. Electronic hardcore at it's finest!

Oh yeah, I went to see him at his show here in Montreal and it was all you described. Ear bleedingly loud and the strobes were so intense that we had to stare at the floor for a couple of minutes during some of his songs. It was the closest thing to drugs that I ever experienced, except, obviously, drugs.

Squarepusher rocks the house! He should remix something for OCR. Probably something Final Fantasy (I mean, he is Squarepusher *kneeslap*)

Seriously though, Squarepusher, Aphex Twin and Autechre make me so happy I could pee. Does anyone else do stuff along these lines that I've been missing out on?

Seriously though, Squarepusher, Aphex Twin and Autechre make me so happy I could pee. Does anyone else do stuff along these lines that I've been missing out on?

Try µ-ziq... or U-ziq or whatever that guy shows up as. Song called carpet muncher... worst name ever, but I friggin love it. Not quite as hard core, but with a little more jazz influence. Pretty cool, methinks.

One of my all time favourite lesser known artists is this guy Dev Null. My favourite song of his is a wip titled Tarantula Funk Beats for something more complete by him check out his fast, epic, and unfortunately titled Symphonies Of Suckness

His titlebar includes a great new genre title: Necrobestial Sadobreaks.

But if I had to pick a favourite IDM(ish) artist my mind always shoots straight to Venetian Snares. Some of his material and remixes are just so damn cool.

Try µ-ziq... or U-ziq or whatever that guy shows up as. Song called carpet muncher... worst name ever, but I friggin love it. Not quite as hard core, but with a little more jazz influence. Pretty cool, methinks.

Yeah, seconded on µ-ziq for great electronica.

You might like some jungle as well, like AK1200, Dieselboy, Goldie, etc.