Fan Art Competition 13: Konami [RESULTS]

atmuh

Oh crap =( What if I make the sprites do things... things they were never meant to do in a game? Things that will BLOW YOUR MIND!!??!

For example, would something along the lines of this be allowed as an entry?

(MK vs. SF 3 fight)

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/377529

[Edit]

Maybe that wasn't actually a good example - my idea uses sprites with considerably less frames, and does arguably more complex stuff with them. Like I said I'll make it anyway - I'm happy with a bonus entry =p

[Edit]

Or... I could maybe use sprites with a few frames and then make a huge amount of new frames for them? That'd get the best results probably... Or even give old sprites a complete graphical overhaul. It might axe the retro feel I originally wanted, but... let's see what happens......

ok so im sorta considering giving up this competition after this month, as im kinda trying to slowly ween myself off the internets

thatd probably change if there was growing interest instead of just the same people each month (not that i dont like you guys or anything)

but ya know if someone wants to take over they are welcomed to do so

if more than one are ill pick the coolest person

knowing me i probably wont give it up but i might

what i really want is this subforum to be over

Man this sucks. Between summer school, soccer and work, I've got NO energy to do anything. I thought maybe I'd have a go at it this weekend... but Mario Strikers is coming out..... Apologies in advance if I don't end up contributing. Not as though this comp seems to have a much longer life span... :sad:

Btw nice WIP Nick. <3 castlevania <3

Thanks. I think you'd be surprised as to how much I've transformed that into so much more in just a few short hours. Can't wait to finish. :) Even if I'm the only entry for this month I'm making it a commitment to finish the lineart at the very least to keep on the spirit of this competition. I just wish more people could do the same, but I understand even during summer some of us have lots to do (me on the other hand...)

I really hope we can do something about this massive hiatus. D: This is far and away my favourite competition.

-Nick

Can we combine games from Konami as part of one picture?

Reason I ask is, because I remember seeing some pictures a couple of years back with the best two Konami-game combination: Contra and Castlevania. The idea was made of exploration and SHOOTAN GAEM, and I've been in love with the concept since.

WHIP GUN!!!????!!!

dude that game sucks

Really? You've played it?

I got the release dates wrong anyway. That's the 30th of July and MP3 was supposed to be the 20th of August. I'm getting it regardless as I'm a total mario whore. I'm not selling my mario DDR only because it's mario.... even though it's likeliest the worst DDR ever.

In any case. WOO FREE-ER weekend!

Really? You've played it?

I got the release dates wrong anyway. That's the 30th of July and MP3 was supposed to be the 20th of August. I'm getting it regardless as I'm a total mario whore. I'm not selling my mario DDR only because it's mario.... even though it's likeliest the worst DDR ever.

In any case. WOO FREE-ER weekend!

the first one sucked

the second will be exactly the same

stop buying the same recycled crap

Uhh so I just found out my sister's place may not have internet access during the time I'm going to be there 'cause of some stupid billing issue that stupidly shouldn't exist because it was really taken care of but the ISP doesn't think so.

That said, I may not be able to submit on the 27th. D:

How should I proceed commander? Entry is not ready for consumption but I will be taking it on my trip. Maybe I can leech WiFi?

-Nick

ok so im sorta considering giving up this competition after this month, as im kinda trying to slowly ween myself off the internets

thatd probably change if there was growing interest instead of just the same people each month (not that i dont like you guys or anything)

but ya know if someone wants to take over they are welcomed to do so

if more than one are ill pick the coolest person

knowing me i probably wont give it up but i might

what i really want is this subforum to be over

i guess no one cares

well at this rate im not doing this again next month

anyone who wants to keep it going is welcomed to

Woah, turns out my sprite animation plan was a LITTLE too ambitious. I managed to finish a big chunk at the start, but now I'm out of gas. I'll probably let it sit on my hard drive for months and months like that old Metroid entry I haven't finished.... actually, I think I'll try and finish the Metroid thing, maybe for this deadline... gives me an excuse to work on it.