Civ 4: Baba Yetu (Taucer's vocal debut!)

Latest version: http://h.xerol.org/f.php?f=500

----------------------------------

http://h.xerol.org/f.php?f=434

Baba Yetu from Civilization 4. Still pretty rough.

Funny story about this one: I met Christopher Tin in person at VGL and told him I was working on this (in fact, I hadn't started on it, I just had the idea for it), and he said to e-mail it to him when I'm done. So I figured I should probably actually get started on it and get it past the idea stage.

This was originally planned to be a collab with Polar, though he seems to have dissappeared off the face of the earth yet again. Hopefully he'll show up before too terribly long, and I'll still be able to work with him on it.

Cool concept here even though I'm not familiar with the game's soundtrack. Yeah, there's that Lion King-ish feeling with the Irish flute and the vocals, which are pretty good debut, Taucer. I suggest you put even more layering into the vocals, make it sound like a choir or something.

The acoustic guitar reminds me of Goo Goo Dolls' "Iris" for some reason. Add some violins and sing some lyrics and this mix will really rock!

I suggest you put even more layering into the vocals, make it sound like a choir or something.

Seconded, as well as the notion about pulling the vocals back a bit.

Furthermore, the irish whistle sounds a little...rough in some places. I don't know how to describe it, but it's as if the whistle becomes too loud directly after the player inhales and starts again. If that makes any sense.

• 2 months later...
No pan flute, but two irish whistles; a high one and a low one.

The vocals were inspired a bit by the Lion King OST.

EDIT: though actually, I have a pan flute that I may end up working into this.

quite so, was about to comment on such.

sounds pretty cool so far, bro. very pretty. needs moar barrel roll, though.

• 2 months later...