SAGE 2007 (Sonic related)

Stargem

I have recently stumbled across what appears to be an yearly online expo, called Sonic Amateur Games Expo, that has apparantly been around for a few years. There is about 20 or so different projects on display (booths) and a bunch of other things going on. While most of the projects are probably not likely to succeed or be of much interest, some may hold promise. SAGE is currently taking place, probably lasting for another few days.

Throughout the rest of SAGE 2007, there should be additional content added to the various booths. I figured that I might as well get the word out, since it may help pass the time for some people and perhaps the more deserving projects will get attention. It seems like whoever put together SAGE spent quite a bit of effort, so it would be a shame to to see it go to waste.

EDIT: Doh...I forgot to add the link to SAGE.

http://www.sagexpo.org/

Man do I miss the days where the top lineups included Jamie Bailey, Blaze, Red, and Stealth. SRB2, which normally has a booth, is too "between releases" to have even shown up this time. The only thing I'm majorly looking forward to this year is Retro Sonic. =/

However, the IRC chat with Ryan Drummond was pretty class. I hope he makes a habit of dropping in on occasion in the future.

Man do I miss the days where the top lineups included Jamie Bailey, Blaze, Red, and Stealth. SRB2, which normally has a booth, is too "between releases" to have even shown up this time. The only thing I'm majorly looking forward to this year is Retro Sonic. =/

However, the IRC chat with Ryan Drummond was pretty class. I hope he makes a habit of dropping in on occasion in the future.

Is Retro Sonic really coming out, finally? I've been waiting for a new release for AGES. I know that Taxman has been working on it an completely rewrote it in C++, but it's still been a long time since he updated anything at all related to the project. :(

Is Retro Sonic really coming out, finally? I've been waiting for a new release for AGES. I know that Taxman has been working on it an completely rewrote it in C++, but it's still been a long time since he updated anything at all related to the project. :(

http://rsonic.randomsonicnet.org/

Not coming out right away, but supposedly a playable demo of the new build will finally be released tomorrow.

Played the Retro Sonic demo and to me it is just like playing a ROM of any of the mega drive games.

In other words it is quite fucking amazing; especially as this is a fangame.

The new level is cool and I like the boss but it just makes me want to play a full game - will keep my eye out.

Shame about Sonic XG though, was looking forward to that.

(In other news, Sonic 1 Megamix is one of the most brilliant mega drive hacks you will ever play and must download it now.)

Can you give me more info about the retromix compo, or a link perhaps? I can't find it in the competition forums here.

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11018

Dafydd's particular idea is geared towards NSF covers, but I think it'd be pretty easy to adapt it for your own contest. I can't guarantee a significant turnout, but we do have some talented trackers at OCR, so you never know. Might try posting at some chiptune communities too.