Looking for: Business web designer

zircon

I'm looking for someone who can design a SIMPLE, sleek website for a new project of mine, "zircon media". Basically the site will be a catalogue of music that can be previewed and immediately paid for (via Paypal) and downloaded for use in TV, film, video games, ads, or any other media purposes. The site may eventually have an image and video section as well, for other stock material.

The site should be easily navigable and straightforward, nothing too fancy... Flash may be used for streaming song previews, and the music itself will be downloadable via a custom system that Xerol has already developed. Paypal supplies the cart and the buttons.

Easy enough, right? I have a small budget for this, but it's a simple project so it shouldn't require massive effort. Please post if you're interested.

Are you looking for just an HTML front with some ASP buttons to hook up with PayPal and the music downloading or are we talking something more ASP/Flash oriented?

Do you have the content (color scheme, pics, bio info, etc.) already or is that something you want the person to develop it to help with?

Also, what kind of timetable for construction are you looking at?

Lastly, do you want that person to committ to maintenance of the site or do you want to take care of that yourself and/or deal with it as it comes up?

1. HTML is fine, basically the emphasis is just on usability and sleekness. As I said though, previews can be done via a Flash player if that would be easier (I honestly have no idea).

2. I don't have any content yet, though I do have some sample MP3s that can be used to test the system, and can write up text as necessary for the different parts of the site. I leave almost all aesthetics to the designer.

3. Let's say, 3 week timetable?

4. Maintenance of the site should be minimal, but I would want someone who will be around to help if changes need to be made - for example, I should be able to add new songs easily by myself, but if we need to add a whole other page to the site and add to the navigation, I'll need help.

Something like this this? Simple, straight-foward, with a few roll over effects for flare.

That's built out of a template I have which allows me to sort of box-construct sites pretty quickly. My only concern as a developer is that I've not done a Paypal interactive site before, and I haven't worked with the custom downloading system you mentioned. I assume that you more or less just copy the code they give you into the page, but like I said I haven't done it so I don't know.

Then I pose another set of questions for ye:

How many music tracks will be available?

With your hosting, do you have access to PHP or Perl (server-side scripting) or MySQL (database)?

Beyond that, I suppose it's a matter of integrating the download system you mentioned earlier, and pointing the PayPal stuff in the right direction.

Neat site. I could do it, but I don't know if I'd have the free time to make something that complex in the time-frame. And in a few weeks, I'll have no free time at all to work on it because of work. So rather than promise you something I can't be certain I can deliver, I'll have to decline this one. Sorry!

Then I pose another set of questions for ye:

How many music tracks will be available?

With your hosting, do you have access to PHP or Perl (server-side scripting) or MySQL (database)?

Beyond that, I suppose it's a matter of integrating the download system you mentioned earlier, and pointing the PayPal stuff in the right direction.

Yes, I have PHP and MySQL.