Overlord anyone?

cfG-21

Some mags have given this game bad reviews. But I think it looks like a fun game. If anyone doesn't know the whole object of the game is to create an army and wreck havoc along the the land. Think of a dark version of pikmin combined with lord of the rings. Now I'm the most anti-evil person you will ever meet but the idea of plundering a town full of elves (i dislike them) sounds like fun.

Anyone have experience with this game?

I tried it last week, but I was a bit put off by the goodie two-shoesness of the game. You're supposed to be an evil overlord, yet you help out the poor villagers and stuff. And then I got stuck at the first boss, and gave up. But the gameplay was alot of fun. And the way your goblins pick up equipment along the way.. Awesome!

The "goody two-shoes" behavior is entirely your choice. You can help the villagers out, or you can wipe them from the map. It's fun game, really. Imagine Pikmin and the the Lord of the Rings crossed together.

One of the most enertaining things is that the world shows you what Middle Earth must look like from Sauron's point of view. Hobbits are gluttonous, disgusting hole-dwellers, dwarves are nothing but boisterous drunks, elves are fruity little whiners and men are just about worthless. You can help most of these groups out in exchange for their servitude and homage, or you can just save yourself the trouble and exterminate them. There's not really much "goody two-shoes" to be found here. You can either be evil-evil or mostly-evil. "Chaotic Good" may be a better term.

The "goody two-shoes" behavior is entirely your choice. You can help the villagers out, or you can wipe them from the map. It's fun game, really. Imagine Pikmin and the the Lord of the Rings crossed together.

One of the most enertaining things is that the world shows you what Middle Earth must look like from Sauron's point of view. Hobbits are gluttonous, disgusting hole-dwellers, dwarves are nothing but boisterous drunks, elves are fruity little whiners and men are just about worthless. You can help most of these groups out in exchange for their servitude and homage, or you can just save yourself the trouble and exterminate them. There's not really much "goody two-shoes" to be found here. You can either be evil-evil or mostly-evil. "Chaotic Good" may be a better term.

Haha, you hit the nail on the head my friend

Wasn't this a paddle game for the old Atari system? Or am I mixing up titles? Each of the four players had a fort in each corner of the screen and players bounced a ball around to smash up your fort and reach its heart. Fun game although this has nothing really to do with this thread if I'm wrong about the title.