OCR00823 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) "My Red Hot Pursuit"

Saunders

I actually happen to like this one a lot, compared to some of the other reviews here. It stays close to the source, but past the first 30 seconds I think the vocals were enjoyable and added a lot to the song. The airy section at 2:33 is my favorite part.

Sure, it's not perfect, but it's a very old remix and I still think it holds up as a listenable track by my current standards. But that might also be because I'm a whore for DKC music :<

• 3 weeks later...

No matter how you dice this one up, this is just a weird mix.

The initial synths reminds me of like some Asian dish being stir fried in a wok. I have no idea why that reminds me of that, but it does. ¯\(°_o)/¯

This whole mix just has a weird, very excitable energy that reminds me of a Japanese professor I once had. It's just so unique and it's an interesting listen. Things just fly by so quick that the listener is all like "What the crap just happened?" and listens to it again. In the end, I really like this mix.

• 1 month later...

It's an interesting mix, and definantly not the worse thing to come out on the site. I don't really mind the vocals, but at some parts they just don't seem to work out like they intended to. I like the mix, just saying it's not a head turner. Then again, maybe it's just cause DKC(2,3) soundtracks are my fav. that I cut this a bit of slack. ;-)

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00823 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) "My Red Hot Pursuit"