FL Studio question

Only 12 posts and you assume we call it 'Frooty Loops'???

You disgust me!!

As for your question, I got XXL. At the time it came with everything I wanted, and a little more. After using it, I found that the 'little more' is pretty useless for the stuff & sounds I want, so I'd recommend that if you have NO clue how to use FL, get the fruity edition, if you know how to use it and want to actually start making shit A.S.A.P., get producer.

I recommend producer, I don't remember the limitations but it's not very expensive so if you want to make any investment at all, go with producer. XXL can be a tad overboard and is entirely unnecessary if your just starting out, but I'll probably upgrade to XXL eventually, as it is a bit cheaper than buying the things seperately.

If you like you can get the fruity edition, but you miss out on some key features, envelope automation is a favourite of mine, and though I haven't used it much yet I love having edison which you wouldn't get. It's also a lot less of a hassle to add 1 use samples with the audio playlist bit. You don't need to waste patterns on them.

I don't think it's been explicitly mentioned here, but FLS has an upgrade path. Buying Express now and moving up to, say, XXL later costs the same as buying XXL now. If you want to try it out but you aren't sure, get the demo. If you like the demo but aren't sure if you'll use the piano roll right away (shame if you don't), get Express. And so forth.

-steve