Drill Dozer, please!

The Damned

Drill Dozer is a GBA game made by Game Freak, otherwise known as the guys that made Pokemon. But before they made animals fight for our amusement, they were known for making spiffy platformers.

Drill Dozer was a return to those roots, and was released in 2005. It had an interesting game mechanic, where you spun up a giant drill on the front of your robot and switched gears using your L and R buttons to gain power. It received several awards from various magazines and sites, and scored 33/40 from Famitsu, and the main character, Jill, will be an Assist Trophy in Smash Brothers Brawl. It also came with a built-in rumble in the cartridge!

So, would anyone like to do a remix on it?

The only problem is... there's next to no music samples for it. VGMusic doesn't have it, and I can't even find a link on any of my usual game music sites (not that I really could supply said links anyways, something about legal stuff and not being able to link to copyrighted material or something...)

The only sources I could really find was the main theme, on the official Drill Dozer website, and on IGN's page for it, found here.

Not the greatest source material, I know. But the game was largely left to the side despite positive reviews and good scores. In fact, the expected sequel never came to be, due to sales numbers that fell below expectation.

So, is anyone willing to help save this wonderful little title from total obscurity? Anyone? Darkesword, maybe? He said he liked it on the IRC channel. Come on, DS, won't you try?

Awesome game. Game Freak needs to make more non-Pokemon games (<3 Pulseman too).

>3rd gear theme<

The game's music is great, but it's never struck me as something that'd be easily remixed: tons of manic energy with things going every which way and little in the way of strong, adaptable melodies (3rd gear's is probably one the best melodies). Then again, I'm pretty much the direct opposite of a remixer, so what do I know. Mixers are good at doing this stuff.

I'm not going to post a whole copy of the game rip to download, but I can upload a few other sources for people to facilitate remixing of teh sexy. If you want the whole rip, I recommend going to the Gamingforce Forums and poking around the music sharing section there; look around for Dubble's "Drill Dozer ~ Screw Breaker Complete Gamerip."

• 1 year later...

...aaactually, I have a small bit of a Drill Dozer remix from the Art Musem stage that I never really finished. I think I have a reason to complete it now. :-P

Probably not gonna pass OCR quality standards, but will do as a remix by some guy XD

EDIT:

Why did I not already put the proof-of-concept remix here; of course people aren't gonna be interested if I didn't :|

http://www.mediafire.com/?rwqymiuyo2y

Yay or nay?