Hip Tanaka for Governor?

TalahRama

I was wondering if anybody has any information pertaining to a "Hip Tanaka For Governor" sticker I saw in downtown Boston recently. I saw it while walking around with my girlfriend and almost peed myself. I think it's probably from the same guy who made a little Mega Man on a light post. So, information? If you want a picture, I'll upload it to somewhere.

Yeah, I already found that, I was just wondering if anyone had an idea as to who this most badass person is. If someone is posting awesome videogame related stuff around Boston, I'd like to know who this person is. And hug him/her.

[EDIT] The minimum amount of stickers is 500 from that guy. That means 499 are still around?

Joe Pleiman, most know around here as half of The Rabbit Joint (LoZ "Rabbit Joint Cover") and a member of The Black Lodge (Z64:OoT "Ocarina Boogie", since removed) was part of a band called Hip Tanaka, named after the composer and another side project of Pleiman's. The band even owned HipTanaka.com at one point, but the band/project died off.

Nothing listed at archive.org works after the 2003 stuff. AFAIK, the band did originals despite their name, not game arrangements, just to clarify. Last but not least, they were based in the Boston area. With the contact info at the Rabbit Joint artist page here, you can contact Joe and (hopefully) ask him whatever you want about Hip Tanaka. Who knows, maybe he has some leftover stickers. They also have some material possibly still available from CD Baby. Hope that helps!

Joe Pleiman, most know around here as half of The Rabbit Joint (LoZ "Rabbit Joint Cover") and a member of The Black Lodge (Z64:OoT "Ocarina Boogie", since removed) was part of a band called Hip Tanaka, named after the composer and another side project of Pleiman's. The band even owned HipTanaka.com at one point, but the band/project died off.

Nothing listed at archive.org works after the 2003 stuff. AFAIK, the band did originals despite their name, not game arrangements, just to clarify. Last but not least, they were based in the Boston area. With the contact info at the Rabbit Joint artist page here, you can contact Joe and (hopefully) ask him whatever you want about Hip Tanaka. Who knows, maybe he has some leftover stickers. They also have some material possibly still available from CD Baby. Hope that helps!

How the hell do you know all this? I hate you.

You scare me.

Man, I miss The Black Lodge. Ocarina Boogie might not have been an arrangement, but DAMN it was good.