Interest in a Sonic Remix Competition?

SuperiorX

Hey there. I really want to give this a go.

Do we list what themes we're interested in taking?

Kind of. This Saturday there will be the official compo thread in the Competitions subforums. In the first post there, there will be all the details on how you can sign up and how to pick your theme. Most of the themes you picked would be ok. I'm limiting the choices to "core" Sonic platformer games so a few of those (Hereos, Secret Rings, Black Knight) would not qualify.

I'm honestly not all that familiar with sonic music, at least other than remixes and some songs from 2 and 1.

I've been looking through a whole lot of youtube videos and man, this series has some fantastic songs that even I didn't know of. Definitely going to be choosing something out of Sonic 2, though. Still my favorite out of the series.

Awesome! Yeah there is tons of good stuff. Look for the Compo thread this Saturday and we can start picking!

I'm limiting the choices to "core" Sonic platformer games so a few of those (Hereos, Secret Rings, Black Knight) would not qualify.

D: I can get Secret Rings and Black Knight... but Heroes? It was featured on Sonic Generations...

I would believe it to be of the core Platformer Series as much as Sonic '06 or any of the adventure games. D:

Oh well.

Good luck to everyone with choosing their tracks, it will make for an excellent challenge to mix the old and new together.

They have such differing styles! :D

D: I can get Secret Rings and Black Knight... but Heroes? It was featured on Sonic Generations...

I would believe it to be of the core Platformer Series as much as Sonic '06 or any of the adventure games. D:

Oh well.

Good luck to everyone with choosing their tracks, it will make for an excellent challenge to mix the old and new together.

They have such differing styles! :D

Yeah Heroes would be ok. I was thinking of Sonic Rivals, that wouldn't be included.

I couldn't find the list of approved games. Are the Game Gear titles ok to pick from?

Yeah the Game Gear titles are fine. And, yeah, sorry, I wasn't going to post the full game list until I started the official compo thread this Saturday. But I guess since I've been hyping this up so much, I might as well post it now for anyone who is interested:

Approved Sonic Games

That list, as well as all the other competition details will be in the first post of the Competitions thread when it launches this Saturday. FYI - any "Zone" theme from those approved games is allowed. No boss, special stage, or title/menu music is allowed however.

Will we have a guarantee of when the thread will be posted? Or is it just "this Saturday?"

You would like a guarantee eh'? :whatevaa: I'm not normally the type of guy that makes guarantees... but...

I GUARANTEE THE SONIC ZONE REMIX COMPETITION THREAD WILL BE POSTED THIS SATURDAY 4/14, BY 12 NOON EDT. (or later if I'm busy, but 99.9999999% sure it will be before noon, mmmkay?)