Contact Information

Your ReMixer name: nckmusic

Your real name: Thiago Nemecek

Your website: www.nckmusic.com

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: The Last of Us

Name of arrangement: Sarah

Name of individual song(s) arranged: The Last of Us

Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site): Playstation 3, Gustavo Santaolalla

Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site):

• 4 weeks later...

You bastard. Of all the things you could have titled this remix, you titled it that. Twist the knife a little more, why don't you? :(

Love the deep rumble of the cello juxtaposed with the sweet and delicate piano. This mix becomes so much more when you switch gears into the heavier percussive and guitar section. The sirens are a beautiful touch.

This mix is absolutely gorgeous and really captures the powerful emotions at play in the game. Anyone who's played this game and understands the context of the title and what you've done here musically is going to be blown away. Fantastic.

Absolutely YES.

• 3 weeks later...

Really nice atmosphere you've created here. Clearly, the mixer has paid a lot of attention to detail in the sequencing work as he's really done a great job handling delicate parts of the track.

Arrangement is a bit on the conservative side, focusing on additive filler elements and counter melodic parts for personalizing it.

Some of the sustained notes got a little stale in the last third of the track as they're holding out long notes without much dynamic contract. Something to look at for the future.

It seemed a bit short until I looked at the clock: 4:20. I guess it just FELT short lol.

Good stuff, nice listen.

YES

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, some of the timing of the bowed string notes sounded behind, and it would have been better to smooth out the timing, but it ended up not being a big enough deal to reject on. The last minute ended up doing its own thing outside of the source material, so there was some original writing added to complement the arrangement of the source, and it fit together pretty comfortably. Would have loved some more polish on the timing, and a bit on the mixing, but this got there.

YES

• 1 month later...

This is simple and lovely. The piano is soft and emotional and is played beautifully, and the piano/cello really portrays a feeling of despair. I like the ending with the guitar, high strings and drum impacts added, and even with the sirens coming in I can almost feel the game characters gathering their courage to continue on, as the track concludes on a positive note. Simple sparse soundscape for the most part, but works well to convey the emotion of the game.

I think the piano and cello could have been eq'd a little better as they conflict in frequency somewhat, especially noticeable during the long sustained cello notes. The solo cello is sequenced quite well which is not easy to do (I can hear many different articulations being used/layered), although the timing is a tiny bit behind in spots, and adding a few expression swells by automating CC11 would have added a touch more realism. Overall though, super nice track.

YES