djpretzel

WOULD NEED A NEW TITLE

Fairly conservative arrangement... - djp

Contact Information

• Your ReMixer name: DjAtio
  • Your real name: Anthony Higham
  • Your email address: 
  • Your website: www.soundcloud.com/anthony-higham
  • Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile: 47686

Submission Information

• Name of game(s) arranged: Final Fantasy VII
  • Name of arrangement: "FFVII Wall Market (DjAtio Remix)"
  • Name of individual song(s) arranged: Wall Market (Nobuo Uematsu)
  • I really enjoy the uniqueness of Nobuo Uematsu's compositions, but this one in particular caught my attention because it's a bit downtrodden, yet it's still interesting harmonically and melodically. I really wanted to emphasize the 12/8 feel because, it has a nice driving effect on the listener. I also wanted to incorporate a reggae/metal sound.
Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

• 2 weeks later...

It starts out pretty conservative, but starts to sprout into it's own near the end of the song. 

The production and performance is solid and well done, but I think this really needs to introduce it's own flavor much earlier in the song. Playing up the reggae aspect would be really cool too. There's a bit of swagger in the song, but adding some additional instrumentation to make the arrangement a bit more expanded would improve it. I think a solo section would be really good as well. I think the idea here is great, and your recording and performing skills are up to the task, but i'm asking for a bit more in the arrangement.

No, please resubmit

• 4 weeks later...

Andrew's right, you have a solid start here, but the track overall is pretty conservative towards the source. Once the second half hits I'm starting to hear some little changes and personalizations. That is the kind of things that you could do a ton more of, and I'd love to hear it. Feel free to branch out a little more!

NO (resubmit)

• DragonAvenger changed the title to 2015/01/20 - (2N) Final Fantasy 7 'Wall Market (DjAtio Mix)'

Wow, this sounds very good right away.  I like the metal interpretation with the swing from the source.  The recording and mixing are very good.

The other two judges are right, the arrangement is very conservative.  I'm less bothered by how conservative it is, and more bothered by the large amount of copy-pasta.  0:23-1:27 and 1:48-2:52 are identical with only the drum pattern changed between the two iterations.  I layered them together to be sure.

Also, the render cuts off before the end of the final note and its reverb tail.

NO (resubmit)

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2015/01/20 - (3N) Final Fantasy 7 'Wall Market (DjAtio Mix)'
  • Liontamer locked this topic