OCR03627 - *YES* Kirby: Canvas Curse "Sunrise over the Silver City"

Gario

Hey, it's me again, with another solo-piano arrangement from another of my favorite Kirby games (since Kirby can't get enough love!)  I always loved Canvas Curse's soundtrack, since it was pretty much all made up of remixes of other tunes from the series, often with vastly different interpretations.  Since for some reason I've always associated the sounds in Canvas Curse's compositions with colorful, abstract art and grand cityscapes, I tried to capture that in my arrangement.  I added some chromatic chords in the B section of the melody, and generally favored the wider, fuller sound and varying moods of Canvas Curse's "Tiny Town" theme, all while retaining the airy feel of the original "Bubbly Clouds".

Here's a link to the track: 

Contact information:
ReMixer name - jdaster64

Real name - Jonathan Aldrich
E-mail address - 
User Id - 31995

Thanks a bunch!
~ Jonathan "jdaster64" Aldric

Right up there with Jonathan's other remixes: beautiful playing, great interpretation, just lovely all around, but once again mastered a little too quietly.  It's not as severely quiet as some of his other remixes, though, so it should be within tolerance this time as well.  The ending is just a little on the abrupt side.  Otherwise, fantastic work.

YES

• 2 months later...

Pretty emotive.  Dynamics are handled very well, although I think this is a little rougher around the edges than your other submissions, with regards to the performance, but the little kinks here and there don't take away from a really enjoyable piano solo.  I don't mind the extra headroom in the levels at all, as that allows you to expand your accentuation dynamically as the moment calls for it.  I think some of the changes in tone went a bit too far such as near 1:33, but only just, as you reign it back pretty quickly.

Nice Work.

YES

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2016/09/17 - (2Y) Kirby Canvas Curse 'Sunrise Over the Silver City'
  • Liontamer changed the title to 2016/09/17 - (3Y) Kirby Canvas Curse 'Sunrise Over the Silver City'

Damn, easiest YES on a piano track I've had to make on here so far. Great handling of the pedal on this - light and cheerful at some points, rich and evokitive at others, and I never felt the pedal bleeding unintentionally. The Harmonies are rich, and the performance is tight and dynamic.

I will agree that the volume is pretty quiet on this, but I feel this would lose too much of the great tone of the piano if limiting or compression were applied. Just putting the track in Audacity and maxing the amplifier will give this a 2 dB volume boost without impacting the quality, so I'll be sure to ask if he can provide us with that. If not, no biggie - I wouldn't hold this up even if we didn't get that small levels boost.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03627 - *YES* Kirby: Canvas Curse "Sunrise over the Silver City"
  • Liontamer locked this topic