*ROFL* Sonic the Hedgehog 2 'Oil Universe'

zircon

Pretty killer texture + drums here overall, and the vox sounds great. Might be a little too liberal...

Got an email about this earlier... here's the consolidated info with the original comment from the mixer - zircon

Name: Rajesh Hattiangdi

Game: Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Source Tune: Oil Ocean

"new SONIC remake from Oilocean, played for jaipur clubs with voice by JASMINE. please enjoy"

• 2 weeks later...

http://project2612.org/download.php?id=37 - "Oil Ocean Zone"

I thought the drums were weak, myself. They sounded like Sega Genesis quality, I'm thinking of the ones from Sonic the Hedgehog, like if you think of the Spring Yard Zone.

Produced pretty well though. Vocals were pretty badass. Not enough Oil Ocean, IMO, I thought there should have been more. That's all I have time for.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

Mmm, by the same token, all the Oil Ocean source really does is run up and down the Arabian scale as well. With mixes like "Back 2 Skala" getting posted for following the same general progression while taking the *melody* a little more liberally, I'm pretty cool with this track doing the same thing. It's a little long, and the drums got a little repetitive for me, but the quality doesn't bug me. Larry, don't you know that lo-fi is the new hi-fi? Geez :tomatoface:

At any rate, the vox are pretty sexy, and this one's got a lot of energy otherwise, so I'm going to counter your NO's.

YES

Pwn takes bishop. Check.

• 4 weeks later...

haha great

no, this is not really oil ocean. but this is really freakin good. i'm absolutely in love with this mix but i really wonder how you could say this is oil ocean at all... there is a very distinct melody to the source (i listened to that game's soundtrack religiously for about two years of my life and i can hear oil ocean AN?YWHERE and incidentally, i "hear" it here... but the question ought not be whether we hear it or not... but rather should we consider THAT as "hearing it.")

only the vocals do anything remotely similar to sonic or oil ocean as it does something like the main melody but still nothing like it. perhaps to some, any combination of notes on the arabian scale sounds the same but there is too little oil ocean in that lead. i can see this track spiraling into an ocarina boogie type of scenario where the art of interpretation divides the panel and causes a fiasco as to the integrity of our opinions. however, i'm pretty sure we can all agree that being this borderline usually is wisest given the axe outright.

your track has groove, personality, artistry and a worldly beauty to it. however it walks a very thin and indiscernable line between arrangement and non-arrangement.

sorry.

no

• 2 weeks later...