Old 12-11-2004, 04:06 AM

Best. Remix. With. Vocals. Ever.

And original vocals at that. Made me laugh so much when I heard it the first time... ^_^

This one's on all my OCR Mix CD's. ALL of them. Heck, I even sing along with this one in the car sometimes (I NEVER sing. Ever.).

A Masterpiece.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Strider Hiryu (+5000)

This is great! Lyrics made me laugh for a while, but it just sounds good.

I can pick most things apart, but I can't pick music apart. I can pick good stuff though. And this is definitely good.

Bummerdude brings the awesome
BlueMage - Engineer, Superior Wit, Emperor's Finest
Old 01-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Send a message via AIM to Vero Send a message via MSN to Vero
Star Salzman's vocal mixes are always great; probably some of the best mixes on the site, and this song shows why. Great stuff.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:10 AM
Chrono (+800)

Wonderful. I especially liked the Capcom fanfare in the middle of the song--it's good memories. I never got to hear the original, since I couldn't beat that damned spider. But if this is, as I read, a mostly original tune, props to you, friend.

I'm not usually one for vocals; I think pop artists today are too focused on textual poetry rather than musical poetry. However, this is funny and cute (fute?) when I don't take it literally, and even when I do, it's saying some good things. Congratulations, and don't listen to people who don't listen to you. Protricity has a good point.

Awesome!

A winner is us.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Red Mage (+400)

I generally do enjoy Star's vocal mixes. In fact, I think the only one I didn't like at all was the Space one. In contrast, his Mega Man X one is my favorite. He used the original tune as a foundation for what became his own song. It never strays far enough that the Mega Man isn't recognizable (for those of us that DID beat the Spider Boss), but is new and refreshing and thus keeps us interested. His lyrics are hilarious, but when presented this way somehow make me feel like I'm listening to comments on the soul. Wonderfully done, brilliantly put together, a masterpiece remix through and through.

Can't wait to hear his next vocal piece. Oh, and nice with the Capcom fanfare. Go Capcom, yeah!

Zipp

"Life is a memory, don't forget to remember it" ~ me
"I got a good feeling!" ~ FF Tactics
Old 05-12-2005, 11:58 PM

This is currently my all-time favorite OCRemix. There are some remixes that have great flavor -- immediately listenable, even if they don't have lasting appeal or depth. There are others that have soul -- unique and important remixes, even if they won't make your mix tape. Here's one with flavor and soul. It's sweet pop from an inspired hand. No empty production here.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:47 AM
Luke
Big Boss (+6000)

Wow. This is an OCR you can't miss. Beautiful vocal harmonies, excellent song-writing. It begs for your attention. Give over to it.

Pretty hard not to give this one a 10/10.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to drewmaster Send a message via Yahoo to drewmaster
The lyrics made me laugh.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:01 AM
Sheng Long (+10000)

Awesome, AWESOME music. Nothing bad at all can be said about the music. Sadly, the lyrics caught a bad case of wedon'tfititis. The rhythm had to get twisted up about 8 or 9 times too many. Doesn't nearly kill the song, but keeps it from being the new Little Mac's Confession. Awesome, though.

8.0/10
Old 01-02-2006, 01:07 AM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Send a message via AIM to MSL
so you made this awesome remix dude. I just commented on your Cid/undersea palace remix. I didn't know you made this awesome remix, but then again wouldn't surprise me. You have taken my favorite Megaman melody of all time into something AMAZING, I love it!! The break in this I dig the most dude! The vocals I really don't care for, but the lyrics I find a bit funny. Great work here dude!!

Tags
lyrics-original, rock, singing, synth, vocals-male