http://www.zophar.net/music/nsf/goonies-2-fratelli-saigo-no-chousen.html

- Track 1

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind

it, how it was made, etc:

I always loved simple songs that you can just listen to for hours and

this one is no exception. This song is very upbeat and innocent, so I

wanted to keep that clean and cheery sound when working on my mix. I

drew some inspiration from other "clean" pop and rock bands like Gary

Go and U2 along with some indie rock, like Amusement Parks on Fire.

I'm also a huge fan of Drum and Bass music, so you'll see some

influences in the structure of the song.

Made in FL Studio 8.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work.

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/13874 "Track 01"

First off, kudos for an excellent source selection. The arrangement direction you've taken it is also really cool, and the sounds chosen are really good.

There are some production issues that are holding this back. First off, it's loud. Not just a little loud, but "super fucking loud", which is a volume level that I wasn't even sure existed. :-( I had the track at 20% volume, and some sections were still so painfully amped that I had to go down to 10%.

Also, it seems the high end is really overhyped in some of the instruments, where they get pretty stabby. Specifically the lead synth that crescendos in at :24. The right volume for it is around :28, but it continues to build until :32. It's also too loud at the 1:02-1:23 point. It sounds great and the part it has is awesome, but damn, it's loud in those sections; tone it down a little. The feedback at 2:33 is also cool but very very loud. The drums are slightly buried and muddy, but maybe they are just being drowned out, so maybe just reducing the volume of everything else will give them a chance to shine.

I gotta say I love the arrangement and sounds, but the production is killing it. It's not even a ton of hard stuff, just some adjustments of levels and mixing, maybe some EQ cuts.

Finally, there is a random cut at the end, before the sound even fades completely. An arrangement this good needs a real ending. It deserves to end in style. I really like this and hope you resub.

No, please resubmit

• 2 weeks later...

The arrangement is a lot of fun, and there is plenty of detail on that end. I have to agree with Andrew, though, that this is just LOUD. There really needs to be some work put in to lower the overall volume on things, balance them out, and turn down some levels so that things aren't so piercing. Hit up that stuff, and I think this one will be good to go.

NO (resubmit)

Great expansion of a relatively short source tune. There's not much material to work with, but there's enough evolution in the soundscape to make it work. I like the spacey rock thing you've got going. Arrangement-wise this is great, but you need to fix the levels and balance, as already stated.

NO, resub. Let's get some production fixes and fast-track this.