MegaRace - Maeva

MrSneak

I bet a lot of PC gamers remember this classic game, and to be honest, I'm surprised that this cult favorite (with a killer soundtrack) hasn't been mixed yet!

The track for the Maeva levels has my favorite music, but I also really love the NewSan, Suburb and the NewFac tracks if you're a mixer looking for something different.

I love the techno style, so if any mixer is up to the challenge, I'd love to hear it like that with a modern non-midi edge. It could always use an industrial edge too to give it some of the punch that I feel the midi has. :)

Maeva

Suburb

NewFac

NewSan

In the meantime, I love these songs so much, I've burned the soundtrack on a CD and I listen to the MID files as they are... because even though they're midi they still kick butt!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see a lot of popular titles on the 1st page of this forum, but I'm looking for something a little more obscure. Something a little more meaningful for the old school PC gamer! Please, think of the... children... from... 10 years ago!

I posted a thing about Megarace too! Mine was for NewSan though. I personally find the BGM for Maeva and most of the other BGM's to be a tad bit too repetitive. To each their own I guess. Either way though, you should probably not post so many of your own messages in a row. Sooner or later someone is going to overreact about it (namely an admin), and you'll find yourself cybershot through the head.

I didn't think I'd get bump-smacked because each time it was at least 2 weeks or so apart, I just didn't want the dream to die! Thanks for the heads-up though.

I didn't see your request. NewSan is a great tune and would love to hear it mixed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Holy crap. I remember playing this game non-stop for a period of one month when I was 9. Unfortunately, some grease from one of those liquid CD holders destroyed my copy of the game.

When I have the right equipment, I'll try to make a mix of this tune or other MegaRace tracks (probably NewSan).

Totally Agreed. Somebody please take up this challenge. :D A megarace album would be even better, but I will settle for one totally awesome remix. :D

Nonamer: what does 'right equipment' entail? Is this something that could happen in the next few months, or do you have to get all the parts of 'the right equipment' which could be a long time. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...