Is Remixing Expensive to do/Learn?

Read the first post of this thread. Ostensibly his look thru the guides is what prompted this thread in the first place. Unrelated:

Only thing that bothers me is the Price O.O Like, Wow. 200-400$ is it really worth it?
Yes, because making music has never been so cheap in the entire history of mankind.

Just wanted to quote this, it's an important point that many people seem to not realize.

Read the first post of this thread. Ostensibly his look thru the guides is what prompted this thread in the first place. Unrelated:

Just wanted to quote this, it's an important point that many people seem to not realize.

I don't quite understand this. Do you mean to say that creating music has always been expensive?

I don't quite understand this. Do you mean to say that creating music has always been expensive?

I assume the reasoning is that now you can use computers to make synthesized stuff, rather than paying a full orchestra or band to even hear what your music sounds like.

I mean, in bach's day if you wrote music you either imagined how the music would sound when played by instruments or hired them to do so, right? Plus most of the great composers went to music conservatories, etc.

It makes me feel better about spending so much on hardware by looking at it like that...ha

I'd second the FL recommendation...it really has gotten a lot better since the days of fl 4 and I personally like the workflow much better than reason or cubase.

Really, though, when you are first starting out, you just need to practice. Like an instrument, composition needs to be worked up; it's not instantaneous.

You're developing your ear...you don't need Pro Tools for that.

I have been looking around lately. and frankly im not sure what im looking for..

Im looking for a good set of headphones. no mroe then $100, Im on a Tight Budget atm.

Plus. im considering using FL. it seems to have alot of good features, my only problem, as being new and all. is figuring out how to utilize them to my use. Which im trying. :P

I have been looking around lately. and frankly im not sure what im looking for..

Im looking for a good set of headphones. no mroe then $100, Im on a Tight Budget atm.

Plus. im considering using FL. it seems to have alot of good features, my only problem, as being new and all. is figuring out how to utilize them to my use. Which im trying. :P

I'd see if you're actually interested in remixing before blowing any cash in a soundcard or even headphones, personally I'm using a stock soundcard and some crappy consumer phones and I haven't minded one bit, I'm not yet at the skill level where it makes any difference yet, so if you're just starting I would worry about getting started and getting a DAW a lot more than headphones and such, you can buy those later.

I'd see if you're actually interested in remixing before blowing any cash in a soundcard or even headphones, personally I'm using a stock soundcard and some crappy consumer phones and I haven't minded one bit, I'm not yet at the skill level where it makes any difference yet, so if you're just starting I would worry about getting started and getting a DAW a lot more than headphones and such, you can buy those later.

I used to play bass a little bit. I have always been interested in music, I am VERY interested. reason being, i can affored the equipment right now, Intel and Nvidia are comming out with new lines. so I am putting my PC on wait.

on that note. Remixing is something i can really get into.

btw, i dont know what a DAW is ;]