E3 2008

SwordBreaker

for those of us who have a majority of the internet blocked due to being at work can you actually post some freaking info

1. Lips was announced

2. MS has avatars, no real surprises there.

3. Portal sequel coming to XBLA

4. New GUI

5. Gears of War II looks tight

6. Fallout 3 looks tight

7. Resident Evil 5 looks tight

8. Rock band II confirmed tracklist

9. FFXIII is coming to Xbox 360, drops same day as PS3 version

I liked how the new dashboard/live stuff and avatars basically does all that stuff Sony was talking about in Home...watching movies together, chatting, sharing pictures, etc. Sony shouldn't have revealed Home so soon - MS just went and copied the important parts as fast as they could and brought it out quicker/about the same time.

Also, the motion controller was just some BS in the Lips mics. Heh.

MGS... but then again 4 was supposed to be the last one correct? Uh... Ratchet and Clank? Resistance? Killzone 2?

Whatever the ICO team is working on.....and also a lot of multiplatform games that don't have to be run on MS's noisy, unreliable machine. Oh, and Blu ray. I still want a PS3 at some point.

Wow. The Sony guys are already pissed. To quote one guy:

Wow, I never thought it would happen. I wonder what the backlash is going to be like for Square Enix, but it doesn't seem like SE cares about its fan base anymore.

Not putting their game on your favorite system is the same as not caring about the fanbase? Isn't it coming out on both PS3 and 360? If anything, that's more like giving your fanbase two systems to play it on instead of one.

The SDF must be panicking over this.

Sorry for the double-post, but maybe it would be best to have three separate threads for the Nintendo, MS and Sony showings. It would keep the flaming and fanboyisms confined (mostly) to their respective threads, and cut down on individual posting getting out of control.

Actually I'd prefer it if people would just make a new thread about the specific topic they want to discuss, instead of creating all-encompassing threads that end up being mini-forums.

So let's go with that!

If there's something specific from E3 you want to talk about, make a thread!