OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Also, SAM/Chadly, are you sure that the server wasn't already bottomming out from something else other than the stat reset? I'm not sure exactly when it was but IIRC it was before the heavy pack came out so there was a lot of people refraining from playing so that the pack would be a bit more than a breath of fresh air? I can hardly believe a stat reset would really impact anyone's playtime; i think that the change of seasons as well as decreasing free time led to the server going empty for a while.

I'm not really sure WHY the server became less popular after the stat reset, but I am saying that there was definitely a correlation there.

My theory is that many regulars were upset that all the time and effort they spent there was gone, and they didn't feel like putting that much time/effort BACK into it to get their ranking/stats back.

Second.

Scruffy believes in this company! *sniff*

I think you guys should stop aiming for a higher rank and start fighting over an arbitrary middle rank. Something like "who can stay #12 for the longest?"

Seconded, it would be a lot more fun, and much easier to change hands. It could be a great competition.

lol shh someone might take that as fact.

Yeah, I can't help but find it interesting, hopefully just some technical error.

The only bans I can see (at least without logging in) are on Steam ID STEAM_0:1:19038636 and IP 75.97.9.53.

However, I have no idea who those are.

Edit: The Steam ID is for MONKET, not GMan.

Silly question.

The categories kill assists and kill assisted never used to be on HLStatsX when I played. I'm not so retarded that I can't understand what the assists are, but I can't for the love of me figure out what the assisted figure represents.

Kills = how many people you killed by yourself.

Kills assisted = how many people you killed by landing the final blow, but someone else also damaged them (or healed you while you were killing people).

Kill assists = how many people where you damaged them, but someone else killed by landing the final blow (or you healed them while they killed people).

So it only counts solo kills as kills? That's kinda weird.

Okay, so your ACTUAL total kill count is your kills assisted + kills ?

And by the looks of it then, your weapon stats are also only recorded from your solo kills. So if an engineer shoots someone with one fragment of shotgun shell from across the map, and you proceed to headshot kill them, neither the kill nor the headshot is recorded into your weapon stats?