OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

I'm quitting d00des. Going to make something with my life.

We'll miss you, superjoe. Your playstyle had a tendancy to grate on my nerves(seriously. building a sentry in a game under 6 people is a dick move), but you were a decent guy, and a part of the community. Still I can't fault you for wanting something more out of life.

--

Onto divisions!

Thursday

Hemophiliac

!!

Saturday

Joseki

Bardic

Sporknight

Either

Sensai

Abyss

meatball

garian

Clefairy

Bleck

Prophet Orwell

Donut

CaptainYahoooooooooooooooooo

S.A.M.

Lumpy

Kiyobi

EdgeCrusher

duckyboy

If you simply have a preference for one or the other, that's fine too. Any open slots will be first come, first serve. I haven't decided if I want to play yet, we'll see how it goes.

The format is 6v6, two class limit except medic and demoman, which are one each. This means you'll see a lot of that 2-soldier, 2-scout, etc. setup, but once one side gains the advantage that changes. Comp teams will often switch out scouts for heavy/engineer when holding last point, for example. Or let the other side get comfortable, then oops! backstab on your medic.

guys, the ff4 project listening party is saturday night too! did we not know about that?

Since I can't find a decent clip of it, just imagine Homer Simpson saying 'd'oh....' in a disappointed voice.

Well, moving it up or down a day might work. Does it affect anyone if we were to move Saturday to Sunday or Friday?

So it turns out that I've had plans crop up for both Thursday and Saturday next week. I'll also be starting show come this Wednesday, and I have no clue what the rehearsal schedule will look like. I'll post once I have a better idea, but I really can't commit to much of anything at this point, heh. I'll be sure to let you guys know, though.

Ahahaha I just had the best reflect kill ever. I had just lit a scout on fire and right clicked to airblast him into a wall so I could pull out my axtinguisher and kill him... but a sniper right above us had released an arrow right as I did that, so I reflected the arrow into the scout and killed him that way :D

*sigh* Must we have cp_follower in the map cycle? I can't even begin to express how much I hate that map.

You're the admin. How about we swap it for.... Hoodoo? 5CP gets old really fast in my opinion, with Well and Granary we've got more than enough of it.

--

Updated!

Thursday

Hemophiliac

!!

S.A.M.

SUNDAY(I can't count, apparently)

Joseki

Bardic

Abyss

CapitanAwesome

Either

Sensai

Abyss

meatball

garian

Clefairy

Bleck

Prophet Orwell

Donut

CaptainYahoooooooooooooooooo

S.A.M.

Lumpy

Kiyobi

EdgeCrusher

duckyboy

Apologies for my failure to perform adequate basic addition. If Sunday doesn't work for people, we'll move it to Saturday after all.

EDIT:

I agree that we should get rid of cp_follower, and replace it with cp_cyberpunk.

My eyes are bleeding already D:

1fort is in beta now to whom it may concern

I enjoyed that post you made on the Steam forums.

Downloading now.

--

Kiyobi, it depends. We'd need 24 people to do two entirely seperate scrims, so there will be overlap. That said, I will give people who didn't play Thursday priority on Sunday.

--

I really don't see what the big deal is about Follower. It's been on the server a long time, and anybody who's a regular has played it. Especially now. If they'd like to play it again, it's in the nominate menu, same as ever.

Personally I'd like to see 5CP maps cut out of rotation, with the possible exception of Granary. The gameplay is really stale; there's an initial back-and-forth for midfield, then a slow, inexorable march into enemy territory. The losing team digs in their heels, and when the sentries go down it's over. If the sentries don't go down, we deathmatch in spurts for fifteen minutes, go to sudden death, then do all of it again. Sound familiar?

Sure, turnarounds happen, but TF2 is designed as such that the winning team tends to keep on winning. When the teams are stacked, which happens fairly often, this gets taken to extremes. Purely illustrative example: the wee hours of the morning yesterday, Lumpy and me against Vahn and... I forget who, on Granary. We got our asses kicked probably 20 times in 25 minutes.

I had assumed it would be FTF against all comers, but with the way you've splintered recently that's probably not possible.

Regarding maps, it'll probably depend on who has to leave earliest, but 3 seems like a nice round number to me. We'll start with 5CP, either Granary, Fastlane or Freight. Gravel Pit will follow that, and if time allows we'll finish off with Turbine.