Cleveland

Detroit

Kansas City

WEST

LA Angels

Texas

Oakland

Seattle

YES I am a very big baseball fan and I was wondering if you were too! Stuff I'm curious about people's opinions of besides the usual WATS UR FAVRUT TEEM are things like do you prefer DH or pitcher batting and stuff like that.

Yes I'm a Mets fan. Yes I know they're awful.

oh yeah and no stupid trolls telling me baseball is boring or whatever because as hard as you might try to troll me you suck at it anyway so theres no use in even trying

• 4 weeks later...
I would care more if the Twins actually had a chance of going somewhere this season. ;_;

:D

Huge White Sox and baseball fan here. I played baseball all high school, *narcissism* actually hit for the cycle in the sectional championship game in our high school's first ever sectional win. *end narcissism* Tampa is a great feel-good story compared to the crazy high budget markets like Boston and New York; I hope they hold on to that division lead. Was kinda hoping Milwaukee would pick up some games on the Cubs in their most recent nosedive, but it's looking like they'll hold on to that division spot.

Quentin going down kinda hurts, though...:|

PS: standings need updated in first post

I'm surprised how Tampa Bay is playing this season (86-57).

yeah but when i watch them, i'm not. honestly, it seems the only thing keeping them from having done this earlier was an overwhemling psychological barrier being in one of the most ruthless divisions in baseball with the yankees and the red sox. however, they've had a youth movement with a ton of talent for years but couldn't turn the psychological corner until they changed their name to the rays. it is almost as though they shed an older skin and took on a new indentity without the expectations of the previous futility. however, this year they've specifically targetted the class of the division, the red sox, with passion and competitive aggression. and above all else, they play very good solid baseball and have skill and talent just about everywhere.

i think the cubbies have the NL. they're the best in their league and the only team that i think can legitimately challenge are the brewers and the cubs own em. i don't just say this because my oakland a's gifted them an unnaturally talented rich harden but i think the team needed him less than the brewers needed sabathia and quite frankly, he's been just as unittable.

the AL is considerably less predictable at this point because while the angels are favored, i think there's less distance between all of the playoff bound teams of the AL (assuming that either the rays or the red sox get the wild card) than in the NL. i still think that age and experience has a lot to do with it and the rays are going to be tested by the likes of the white sox, red sox and angels, all of which have been to the postseason a lot in recent years and have all played in and won world series titles. that isn't to say that the rays won't hang with the big boys... i honestly believe they're the best all around team and if they can keep their sacks in place, they can line up the ducks and rip through em.

in the end, the cubbies have waited far too long and have some pretty ferocious players some pretty good baseball themselves right now and like all sports, the magic stuff is what helps teams overcome the hurdle and this might be the year they finally get it right. the red sox were considered just as fundamentally futile when they came back from a 3-0 deficit to stun the yankees and make history.

just guesses, of course. nobody knows the future when men's wills are put against each other in competitive sport.

i think the cubbies have the NL. they're the best in their league and the only team that i think can legitimately challenge are the brewers and the cubs own em. i don't just say this because my oakland a's gifted them an unnaturally talented rich harden but i think the team needed him less than the brewers needed sabathia and quite frankly, he's been just as unittable.

A week ago I would have agreed, but with both Zambrano and Harden going down and out indefinitely, plus the recent 6 straight home losses and their bats going to sleep, the NL is up for grabs. Obviously, they'll make the playoffs but they're looking very beatable. It's all about whose pitching staff gets hottest at the right time.

My poor poor Tigers :(

In all seriousness I'm beyond done watching them play the royals. Seems like every other week we're taking them on.

This year should of gone MUCH better for us, but until we get the pitching under control (and make some Granderson clones) it's going to be rocky trails.

As far as the world series goes I'm very much interested to see how the rays do.

I definitely prefer DH rather than pitcher-hitting. Those two are such different skills that I think it balances out having one guy pitch really well (I mean, the guy pitching is the primary defense guy on the team) and one guy hit really well.

I grew up in Southern NH and will say that I like the Red Sox. But as far as the national league goes, I got a chance to see a Mets vs. Rockies game in NYC over the summer (7-0 Mets) and will say that I like the Mets as well.

A week ago I would have agreed, but with both Zambrano and Harden going down and out indefinitely, plus the recent 6 straight home losses and their bats going to sleep, the NL is up for grabs. Obviously, they'll make the playoffs but they're looking very beatable. It's all about whose pitching staff gets hottest at the right time.

well, i won't say it is any surprise that harden is hurt... in oakland, he was almost always hurt. however, this is not "hurt" in harden's world... the cubs are commited to being cautious with him and i think that's what this is

zambrano is almost back in the rotation. he, too, has an inflammed shoulder from throwin so damn hard (both z and harden put a ridiculous amount of mechanical strain with the way they throw... ala kerry wood and mark prior... is this a cubs thing? haha) but, what, missed a start or two?

they're certainly beatable without z and harden but even in spite of their losing streak, the brewers have also matched their slump with one of their own so the cubs aren't pressing to get these guys back immediately. they'll just need em in a month and i'm certain the reason they're being shut down right now is so that they'll be there in october. plus it's a good time to get those bats going. hitting is contagious and they hadn't been hitting particularly well as of late, relying on all that pitching. well this might be a blessing in disguise for the cubs.

i saw parts of the the rays/sox. this is going to be a test of will for the rays. this is very uncharted waters for them but i'm proud of those guys; they're real ballers.