New Castlevania for PS3/360, SotN sequel?

lazygecko

It better be more difficult than the original was... Also seing as how the entire timeline is, for the most part fucked up, what's its reasoning for this adventure to exist?

I'm all for another good castlevania 2d game, but if its simply for the sake of adventure, just say it aint canon like what happened to Castlevania Legends after they retconned it...

oh yeah, please bring back the SCIV gameplay too... Maybe make it another way to play the game much like how X and Zero played differently in MMX4... Heck Castlevania Bloodlines on the Genesis did it...

oh yeah, please bring back the SCIV gameplay too... Maybe make it another way to play the game much like how X and Zero played differently in MMX4... Heck Castlevania Bloodlines on the Genesis did it...

Well, all Castlevania games since SotN have had alternate gameplay modes. You usually can play as Richter or somebody like him; no experience points, no levelling up, no items, just old-school Castlevania whip-n-burn gameplay. That's par for the course at this point.

Well, all Castlevania games since SotN have had alternate gameplay modes. You usually can play as Richter or somebody like him; no experience points, no levelling up, no items, just old-school Castlevania whip-n-burn gameplay. That's par for the course at this point.

I'm quite aware of that, I suppose I should specifically state the fact that Simon Belmont, John Morris, as well as Leon Belmont (to a lesser degree) were able to swing over hazards using their whips.

Also the "alternative" game play on Castlevanias tend to be half hearted, incomplete. Which is why I refer to MMX4. In that game you can complete the original game in either way of style. X and Zero played very differently and yet both can face Sigma in the end. In the SotN, You couldn't really finish the game as Richter (as I recall I could be wrong)...

I don't think in Aria of Sorrow you could get the true ending as Julius Belmont, although considering the circumstances behind it that's expected but still... I don't even remember if u can face Graham as Julius in AoS...

As for timeline, yeah it's about time I just threw that out the window. :lol:

Iga be pimpin' as always.

At first I thought you were talking about the SotN Radio Drama that's being released, but this was even news to me. Well played, sir. However from what I've found out by going through my channels is that this very well may be related to the aforementioned Symphony Radio Drama that takes place a year after the game and features Alucard, Richter and Maria....as well as some new characters including an incubus named Magnus.

Which would indeed make it a direct sequel to Symphony of the Night. The image even nudges one to believe it, as it's looking like Alucard.

al.jpg

Of course, if this all turns out to be true or even semi-true...I'm still very concerned. Announcing this even before the other two Castlevania games are released, makes me think they very well may be rushing things. Then again, who knows. This could be very early development being shown as a teaser, with the game not even being half done yet. I'm kinda hoping so, since you'd think if it's a sequel to Iga's crowning achievement, he'd want to put as much time and detail into it as possible.

It's raining Castlevania these days, though. Two games, a arcade game, a radio drama, and the Curse of Darkness manga being translated and released in the states...as well as the movie and an animated OVA. I'd be overhyped with glee if I weren't so cynical about the whole thing.

Now this catches my attention. Not that bullcrap anime wagglefest masquerading as a fighting game on the Wii.

*Has nothing against anime, games based on anime, or anime based on games.*

Don't worry. With that game, no explanation for your disgust at the design is needed.

I could care less whether the game is a direct sequel to SOTN or not. They've already released games that play like it with the Sorrow games and Portrait of Ruin. Hell, I think PoR is BETTER than SoTN as it is harder with the same style of gameplay. So all it is story and Castlevania ain't exactly Dostoevsky. I'd actually prefer a Castlevania III remake at this point.

As for the alternate gameplay modes, the Richter or Julius modes to me give you the ability to play the more classic CV experience. I haven't beaten SoTN's Richter mode, but I did finish Aria and Dawn's Julius mode. I should go back and beat Richter mode in PoR sometime. I liked the 2 character system in PoR. It didn't make the game really different but was neat.

This better be epic.

The latest series of CV games have been...adequate. Similar in vein to wanting an excellent steak but getting a quality hamburger; its satisfying and all, yeah, and its TASTY, but its not quite what you wanted. It's not FILLING.

A change in the formula is needed, badly. And NOT as a fighting game; I want to see a GOOD 3-D game, and not Rolling McFliparound-the-boring-castle. Environments that leap out and BEG to be explored, that return of the creepy foreboding danger with just a hint of victorian to it all.

Mostly, I just want the Battle of 1999.

Here's to hoping that the game is made of total win.

IGA needs to really go back and look at his past 3D iterations and see what worked, what didn't, and try to go from there. Using Alucard is a good first step, but then what?

I know I've been hoping for this game since I saw what Lament of Innocence could have been, but I'm worried it'll just be another "let's go through the same room thousands of times and then backtrack through them all over again!" kind of thing.