OCR01015 - Cool Spot "Smileyspot"

djpretzel

very good, and yes...very happy. I also own this game, but I'm too lazy to hook up my snes and play it old school-like. I wish there were more remixes of this game, because it had an outstanding soundtrack (in my opinion) I thought that it was gonna be a lame game when I first rented it (around 6 years old maybe?) and then it was so good that I went to the used game place and bought it. I still have it in my Super nintendo drawer....it's been in there for about 6-7 years! If I were home I'd go look at it right now, but oh well. That probably won't happen for another 2 years.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, i'm a little early for the 7-18-09 review, but it'll be ok.

Dang, it's short!

It's cute though, with the singing and whistling and the charming happiness. I'm not sure whether or not this could be developed further without having it lose a little of the carefree attitude, so the fade is fine by me in this case. Sometimes, you just gotta fade, you know?

Fun stuff, I love how Mazedude always challenges himself to try new things, it's pretty inspiring to me. :-)

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 8 months later...

How can you take a game about a red spot with sunglasses seriously? You can't. And this track truly celebrates this goofy premise with cheesy wah EP, rhythm steel drums and joyful commercial-like vocals. The whistling, caught me by surprise as much as the trombone in his Plok 'Title Jam' piece. Fade-out ending was appropriate. I just wish this was a little longer. Just a little bit.

Sometimes, all you need is silliness. There are a few other Mazedude works with this type of mood. 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01015 - Cool Spot "Smileyspot"