Mashups?

destroika

I love everything I've heard from OC remix and I would be ecstatic to earn an "OC_remix" title to my music. The problem is, I don't record myself playing anything when I remix a song, instead, I take parts of that song or other songs and make what I understand is called a "mash mix." I was just wondering if those are acceptable here, or if there is a place here that I can post a sample to see if anyone has a specific suggestion about my remixing style?

Welcome to OCR. In the future, please post your threads in the proper forum and give them a relevant title.

Mash-ups are not accepted to OCR.

First off, thank you all for your kind welcomes and advice. I'll definitely give those links a try.

To DarkeSword: I apologize for using the wrong forum... I looked at all the forum titles and none of them seemed to fit this category. Which one did I overlook as the appropriate one for this topic?

You may want to review the Submission Standards to see what is acceptable.

Short answer: I don't think so...Tim...but I am curious to hear what you've made. I'd be mighty impressed if you could pull off arrangement with a mashup.

You're first guess is correct, mash mixes are not accepted by ocr >.<

However, I was told that I could post it on the WIP board which I have now done.

First off, thank you all for your kind welcomes and advice. I'll definitely give those links a try.

To DarkeSword: I apologize for using the wrong forum... I looked at all the forum titles and none of them seemed to fit this category. Which one did I overlook as the appropriate one for this topic?

Help & Newbies.

Feel free to post your mashups in the WIP forum. Just make sure you say, "this isn't intended for OCR submission," otherwise people will be like "oh hey the joojes won't accept ur mix cuz of sampling."