Bonnaroo/Coachella

The Vagrance

Now that both line-ups have been announced, anyone going to either of these festivals?

I've normally been a pretty big Coachella fan over the years (but not enough to go) but this year the Bonnaroo line-up is good enough I'm going to go. The undercard is a bit disappointing but primarily because I don't know half of them, but the bigger names look fantastic. Might be good for an impromptu OCR meetup as well.

I'm not one for music festivals, but if I'd go to anything it would be Ultra. Prodigy, Pendulum, Hybrid, Deadmau5, Tiesto, Roni Size, Infected Mushroom... pretty much every big electronic artist on Earth right now.

Lol, that was like, almost the exact same as the rumored line-up earlier. Roni Size & Reprazent is going to be at Coachella this year though, and Deadmau5 is stilled rumored to be at Bonnaroo.

Any time anyone brings up a music festival like Bonnaroo, I myself screaming the same rhetorical question "Why the hell would anyone drive hundreds of miles to pay nearly a thousand dollars to wade through throngs of hairy, smelly, drugged out neo-hippies for days at a time just because 4 or 5 decent acts will be playing a few songs at a time?"

Mostly its part of my overarching complaint that music is more culture than anything anymore, but everytime I imagine myself going, I just see it as a time-consuming way to waste a lot of money.

I guess I just don't get it.

I've wanted to go to Coachella for about seven years now, though I feel like I always pick up newer bands the year AFTER they play Coachella. This year's big names look pretty damn good, several acts I'd like to see (Morrissey, Franz Ferdinand, Crystal Method, MSTRKRFT, The Cure, My Bloody Valentine, Lupe Fiasco). If I lived anywhere within driving distance of it, I'd definitely want to go.

I'm not one for music festivals, but if I'd go to anything it would be Ultra. Prodigy, Pendulum, Hybrid, Deadmau5, Tiesto, Roni Size, Infected Mushroom... pretty much every big electronic artist on Earth right now.

Ultra is ALWAYS sooo fricken hot, and right in my back yard but I've NEVER gone because it costs a fortune :(

Coachella's line-up about 2 years ago really had me excited, but since it's just been ehh to me.