Good multiplayer Wii games.

linkspast

Mario Kart Wii! Well, it's great for online play, you can join in a game with multiple people you have on your friend list alongside random players from all over the world.

As for local multiplayer I can only vouch for 2 player GP racing, I've never really cared for 4 player battles in any Mario Kart ever, really. Still, if you've got other real life friends with Wiis you can get a big game going online, 2 people per console can hop online.

House of the Dead Overkill is a great 2-player co-op game that was just recently released. It's not the "hard as hell" kind of on-rails shooter, but it's definitely entertaining and the levels are dynamic, and highly replayable.

Also, this isn't really multiplayer, but a group of my friends and I had a great time playing Zack & Wiki together, especially the later levels where the puzzles get really tricky. We'd all shout out solutions or memorize different parts, pass the controller around, all that stuff. Good times.

Is mario party really worth it? i liked the old ones but i don't know if the new ones are worth getting, seeing as they are kind of the same game.

Newer games have better graphics, new controls, and longer waits when you roll dice, move character, YES menu items, receive items, and do stuff. I recall the minigames themselves being fun, but the "party" becomes pretty dull pretty quick when you have to wait to YES everything you do. Ya know what I'm saying', takes time to YES stuff, amirite? :D

I think we have Mario arty 5 for the cube, 8 for the Wii. I prefer the old one of the two.

Wii Music.

Yes, I said it. I did a little review of it a while back and I have to say that it's really the most fun as a multi-player game.

Mario Kart Wii is great for long-term play. You can set it up for a 32 race tourney which is always fun when you and your friends are on a team.

On the FPS side of things, Onslaught was just released for WiiWare but multiplayer only works online (and I haven't tried it yet).

Have you tried Mario Strikers Charged?