[Release] Mega Man ZX - Dagger Vision

Isn't the point of a Works in Progress forum to detail works, y'know... in progress?

This forum has always been for works -in-progress and -completed. I have posted completed works here for years without posting in-progress versions beforehand.

And whether or not I intend to submit this to OCR isn't really important. What's important is that I've posted this up here as a release for everyone to listen to, so maybe you should just listen to the song and post what you think of it, rather than questioning the validity of the thread.

Hmm...letsh hear this remix of Darkesword :<

Ironic that I'm criting it eh =p

MM, nice cut-off freq. effect on the drums at the intro. Love the arps u got going on here; the lead melody is pretty grood. Hehe, I love how you make low-fi samples sound high-fi =p, mayhaps you could teach me a few tricks there, since I rely heavily on soundfonts lol.

My only gripe is that this mix doesn't vary in texture all that much; yes it's coherent and makes sense, but it wouldn't kill you to go out of your comfort zone and vary up the atmosphere of the whole song just to give it some extra flava flava (without making it sound arbitrary like me hehe); cuz after a bit, the track gets kinda stagnant; though the piano break-downs do, nonetheless, vary it up, just not enough IMO :nicework:

If you don't get what I mean, check out Star Selzman's or Sephfire's works =p, I'm sure you know them well.

Other than that 1 lil problem, this track exudes awesomeness. Good job Shariq.

This forum has always been for works -in-progress and -completed. I have posted completed works here for years without posting in-progress versions beforehand.

so maybe you should just listen to the song and post what you think of it, rather than questioning the validity of the thread.

Sorry for the double post, but I must agree with Shariq there: this forum is dedicated to critiquing all remixes, regardless of their progress.