Silent Hill Discussion

Night10194

Here's one to make you think...

Why does Eddie talk about the cops?

Do you suppose that's his punishment for killin those guys?

Perpetually chased by cops always 2 steps behind?

I don't see what you're trying to say with this. I can hardly even understand your question. Could you rephrase?

It seems that his paranoia is flaring up. AFter all, he has villanized people for a good portion of his life and thus has alienated himself from society. Guess he feels that he can't get away while maiming one of society's own people and thus it's natural in such a situation to worry about the police, society's guard dogs. The fact that the town is empty simply hasn't occured to him, since he seems to find bodies (or are they people before? THe game never specified) and so the lack of police activity has confused him. Besides, even if he wasn't a psychological mess, it's clear he would be labeled as armed and dangerous, thus warranting him more attention than some lousy shoplifter.

Here's something else to ponder. In Silent Hill 3, when you reach Heaven's Night (with a SH2 save game on the card) you find a poster that claims that a Lady Maria is performing on several nights. I bring this up since the MAria we know from SH2 first becomes aware in an appartment above the club with only 1 bullet in the revolver she's holding. Feel free to say "Bah, you're sooooooo wrong" but I think that the town's powers that be may of actually converted this prostitute into the antagonistic Maria that we now know. Using deduction, I also figured that she felt herself changing as well and was going to pull the trigger but it was too late.

ALso, it would explain why MAria complains of being so lonely in the Born upon a wish scenario, since she would have to have memories of being around people in order to notice the lack of them in the town. Also, the memories that were being implanted in her was still underway it would seem as we play as here, since the 2 sets of memories keep on colliding (for exacmple, check the bears out in the mansion's attic and you'll get a message about Laura, a girl the prostitue Maria could never of met, which is why she questions her knowledge of Laura at the time). Pretty wierd, eh?

Or maybe Maria did shoot herself, then the town "absorbed" her essence to it's own ends.

In the ending she doesnt shoot herself, she throws the revolver over the wall where you meet Laura

Think of it this way...

In SH1, one of the endings implies that you died and went to Hell. Maybe, in a similiar fashion, she did shoot herself and couldn't "remember", much like the implied car accident in SH1. As such, she is trapped in her own personal Hell, and James is a redemption of sorts, which is why she is pushed to gain his acceptance.

Me too :)

Now. New angle...

Has anybody found any movie/book/whatever references in Silent Hill 2?

Ive only found 2 so far.

The scene with Pyramid Head and the two mannequins in Blue Creek is a homage to the rape scene in Blue Velvet.

There's also a Lord of the Rings joke in there when, in Brookhaven, somebody writes about losing "their precious ring down there" and not wanting to go back.

Me too :)

Now. New angle...

Has anybody found any movie/book/whatever references in Silent Hill 2?

Ive only found 2 so far.

The scene with Pyramid Head and the two mannequins in Blue Creek is a homage to the rape scene in Blue Velvet.

There's also a Lord of the Rings joke in there when, in Brookhaven, somebody writes about losing "their precious ring down there" and not wanting to go back.

No, but there is some Zelda reference in Silent Hill 3. When you drop the steel pipe into the water, and the fairy comes back with a golden, and silver, pipe. Just like in LttP.

Its a simple enough question....

Why does eddie talk about the police doing things in town when there are no cops...

Well many believe that silent hill changes depending on who enters it..this is a well known fact by now as it nearly goes as far to say such in the games..take for instance the fact that laura doesnt see any monsters...and yet she is alone in the city? Maybe there really are normal people there..maybe Silent Hill is still flowing with tourists..its just that only those without doubt can see them. Or maybe she sees people who arent really there..just as james..and all those without pure hearts..see the monsters. Eddie may indeed see police..because in his version of silent hill..they are really there.

Fairy?

Silent hill 3 is sounding more and more like a war crime every day

You never found the fairy? It's when you're in the sewers, i think right before or after that thing you electrocute (or maybe even right there) you walk up to the edge, by the water, and press X. It'll ask you if you want to throw in your pipe, and then a fairy appears. She asks you if it was a gold pipe that you dropped. answer no. then she'll ask you if it's a silver pipe. answer no again. then she'll ask you it it was a filthy old pipe. answer yes, and you get all three! :D no difference in damage though. shame.

Wasn't it hinted at some stage that Eddie was being chased by the police, which is why he left his own town and hid in Silent Hill? I need to see that final Eddie/James dialogue again...

(Pyramid Head should have been in the PS2 version of Soul Calibur 2, damn it!)