Death Mountain March - Zelda - LTTP

NEW VERSION:

stats.png

Little more punchy!! haha

What can I say, I like John Williams' work, and I often hear parallels between his music and video game music. And I like to sometime bring out this similarities.

Please note that this will not be submitted as it is way to much like the original material but it is a bit of fun for zelda/star wars fans.

It's still rough.. but still fun! (i think so anyway). If you couldn't figure it out, it's a mix of Death Mountain and the Imperial March/Vader's Theme from star wars, But i'm sure most got that right away.

Ryan

I think preserving the original energy and feel of the original track is a great idea.

Why not add some of your own ideas, while preserving the four-on-the-floor march feeling?

I thought the little bit at 2:31 was a little awkward, because the stop-and-go thing kinda obliterates the smooth marching feeling.

also, crescendo, crescendo, crescendo! Make it loud! :D

I think you should add your own stuff to this, and get it onto the site.

What are the rules regarding movie music? It's mostly a video game arrangement anyway..

• 3 weeks later...

• The music must have been composed specifically for the game. Movie themes such as Star Wars or licensed songs from games like Gran Turismo do not qualify.

I think Hero knew before hand anyway - it's just funny that Star Wars was mentioned in particular here.

Never mind the standards, this is brilliant. Of all the VGM parallels I've heard I cannot believe I've missed this one, it may actually stand a fighting chance at submission given due moderation and just enough modification to remove the obvious reference of Star Wars, and reduce it to something only those dedicated few would pick-up.

When this first started playing, i was like,"hmmm, this sounds familiar..." but then you get the real feel for the march.

If they actually made a Zelda movie, instead of just a trailer IGN helped push along, this orchestral remix should definitely be used in it!! I can't really think of anything that doesn't sound right or sticks out that might need to be tweaked. Its pretty damn good the way it is already. :)

:shock: So awesome... I love John Williams' work (especially the Star Wars Soundtrack) and I love Zelda music. Great combo.

I too noticed the similarity between the two songs (although, admittedly I've never actually gotten that far in LttP... just have a folder full of Zelda MIDIs on my computer, lol.

I think it'd be interesting to see how far this would get with the judges...

Wow. This is so awesome, it's epic. I was expecting something along the lines of the Norfair Deathmarch remix from some time ago, but these two sources flow into eachother almost seamlessly. I'd encourage to add original stuff to it, as I think this track has a lot of potential. And yes, I'd say SUBMIT as well when you expand on the track a bit more. Kick some ass!

Very nice. The upsweeping of the tune in the second half really helps to track. I'm digging your additions and changes to it, with a bit more on the production side it should glide through the judgespanel effortlessly. I don't think they'll kick it out because it's a mashup; it's simply too good for that :)

I'm not sure what it is... It's not outright dissonance - but something doesn't seem quite right. The main melody and the march melody seem to be off-key or something.

I think the idea of the mash-up is a great one. They're two great themes that could make wonderful musical babies - it just seems this version needs a little more time gestating.