PRC157 - 15 Hours extension. Dancing on the Rocks (Katamary Damacy)

Bundeslang

The deadline is extended with 15 hours

Welcome to A New Season from PRC

The People's Remix Competition 157

PRCv7-01

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Welcome to a new start from PRC. The 7th year is starting. It's already 312 weeks ago (not exactly, but almost) since PRC was created by Caleb Kinkaid (also known as Reelmojo).

First: The ThaSauce page from this round will be up sunday because the voting from PRC156 hasn't end yet. At Sunday you can view this round @ThaSauce as well (EDIT: Started).

I discovered that the pages from PRC aren't linking very well, but all the songs are still up at Doulifee's Place. Many thanks to Doulifee for that.

I'm not changing important things in PRC, because that never really happened and it's not needed.

One thing has changed, the normal deadline is the second Sunday after the PRC round has started at 10:59 AM. It was 3:59 AM. I changed it to give mixers more time.

The normal voting deadline is exactly two days after the normal Remix Deadline (10:59 AM) and the new PRC will start on Friday like usual (if the source is received). The sooner I receive the source, the faster I can set up PRC and the earlier I can set it up at Friday.

PRC Classic of the two weeks

I'm going to pick a random (well, not always random) song from a PRC each time this season and write a little thing in the first post.

This time, I selected PRC62. The source game was Katamari Damaci and the source from that game was 'stars'. 4 Remixers entered that round. V_Gasm won the last place wooden spoon. EazyP en LAOS tied for second place. Chavous was the winner with a song called Lost in the Stars

It was in the third season, 95 rounds away from now, in the first part of 2006 if I'm correct.

Last round overview

The last round was a traditional Anniversary Contest. The tradition of these is that more Remixers as usual enter the contest. This year, the Remixers where free to select their own song for the anniversary Contest. Everything was allowed, even the Hammer theme from Donkey Kong and the most overmixed tunes which has >10 OC Remixes. Voting hasn't end (like stated before), so more details later.

The winner gets the right to select a source, but not for this round. The source will be used for PRC158, just like the source from the winner from this round (#157). Evktalo selected this source, as winner of PRC155.

This rounds source

My choice for round #157 is Katamari on the Rocks from Katamari Damacy. Should be easy and fun. :)

Thanks for hosting PRC!

--Eino

PRC157.jpg

Katamari Damacy (PS2) - Katamari on the Rocks

MIDI (@ ThaSauce)

Youtube Movie

ThaSauce link (UP NOW)

It's Katamary Damacy. I don't know the game myself, and I can't remember PRC62 very well. None of the PRC songs ended as OC Remix, maybe this time.

It's a new season, so make it a good start. The MID is over 10 minutes, but it's repeating the source many times, so don't think the source is too long.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY November 15th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. .
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part (however, he's free to submit a Bonus Mix) but her/his vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

DAMN YOU! Why did you have to pick one of my favorite vg tunes from one of my favorite games?!? I've already covered this once, way back in the day...I guess I gotta do it again then, huh?

Also, the midi link is broken (one too many .mid's at the end)

Yes that's right.

The link is fixed, thanks for pointing it out.

With the extension, still nobody could submit a song. This means:

OneUp wins PRC157 by default. Congratulations.

OneUp, you may select the source for PRC158. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Friday, November 20th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time. PRC158 will have a double source. I hope that round will have a better turnout.

I actually voted, but I don't suppose anyone's going to read that, so I'm posting it here too:

"The exact kind of submission I was hoping for - taking the source, changing the style and running with it. I have thought before that this piece would sound great even if it was done on the NES sound chip. Thus, this remix was absolutely thrilling to hear. It's a keeper!"

--Eino

I actually voted, but I don't suppose anyone's going to read that, so I'm posting it here too:

"The exact kind of submission I was hoping for - taking the source, changing the style and running with it. I have thought before that this piece would sound great even if it was done on the NES sound chip. Thus, this remix was absolutely thrilling to hear. It's a keeper!"

--Eino

Thx for the kind words, makes me feel more worthy the win :)