OCR01941 - Banjo-Kazooie "Wallachian Prince"

djpretzel

• 4 weeks later...

Every now and then OCR throws up something you just don't expect at all, and that's one of the reasons I love it. This is such an ambitious and experimental track, given OA's own admission, but the execution is masterful. It seems the challenge was an excuse to try something new, and it definitely paid off.

The short source is quite a challenge to make a song of any decent length, so I think even getting it to nearly 3 minutes is a good effort. In addition to that, going for the Hungarian gypsy-style is a stroke of genius in that that genre relies on repeating melodies, similar to celtic and irish music. The couple of breakdowns and solos just serve to enhance the full whack of the main melody when it comes in again.

I especially like the drums in this track as well - there's a really nice hi-hat sound in there, and they're just excellently sequenced. Also nice to hear some castanets(?) in there!

Overall a completely fresh take on a short but sweet source, in a genre that's exceptionally hard to get right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is pretty fun ReMix to listen to. That combination of guitar and violin was awesome and had a very cool mix of orchestration and rock that I wasn't really expecting. It's the perfect length, the instruments sounded good and I'm loving the direction you took this in. Really great work on this ReMix.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01941 - Banjo-Kazooie "Wallachian Prince"