Breaking Clouds (My Animations using OC ReMixes)

NikFlash

Has anyone seen the animation project I've been working on? One of my hobbies is listening to music and imagining a movie to go with it. Over time, I had so many of these 'inspirations' that I threaded them together into an animated story. My animation style is such a way that the focus is the music since that is what inspired the whole thing. If you want to check it out, see the above link

DS EDIT: Own up.

--

Has anyone seen it? Some guy is using ocremix music in some animations... the story is pretty decent... but the fight scenes are epic!! Here's the link to the first episode... I think the guy is trying to make one once a week?

Hmmm...

Signed up today, first post today, link to "awesome" youtube video...

So, what did you do on the video?

I ask because it's certainly not awesome. The animation is basic. The story comes off like the draft script for a cookie cutter RPG. The only thing that isn't bad is the music, and that's done by someone else. No one would bother to promote this unless they were involved with it. Is it a friend's video? Maybe a family member? if not, then you have a rather under-developed sense of "awesome".

Sorry, but I'm getting a very strong "shill" feeling from you.

Dude, it's a free YouTube video using an OC ReMix. Calling the OP a "shill" doesn't even make sense; he's not selling anything. The majority of YT vids don't give OCR any credit at all, and the creators rarely if ever bother telling the community about what they've done. Stop trying to be the forum police for harmless posts like this.

So he didn't outright say he was the creator (assuming he is; perhaps he's just a fan, or a friend.) Even if that were the case, there's no need for any outrage. Remember we have countless hundreds if not thousands of LEGIT cases where people plagiarize OCR music and call it their own, or use it without accreditation. Please don't try to be internet police about posts like these, where people are just sharing their work, which they've properly credited.

Even if that were the case, there's no need for any outrage.

I honestly do not see how that came across as "outrage". Outrage would be a really scathing, insulting comment. That was more like... casual indifference, with a slight hint of "why did you even bother, it's so obvious?"

If you want, we can do outrage. I think I got some leftover from last year. The expiry date says it's three weeks past, but I think we can still use it.

Has anyone seen it? Some guy is using ocremix music in some animations... the story is pretty decent... but the fight scenes are epic!!8O Here's the link to the first episode... I think the guy is trying to make one once a week?

Well, I suppose I should come clean then. Let me repost.

"Has anyone seen the animation project I've been working on? One of my hobbies is listening to music and imagining a movie to go with it. Over time, I had so many of these 'inspirations' that I threaded them together into an animated story. My animation style is such a way that the focus is the music since that is what inspired the whole thing. If you want to check it out, see the above link"

Thats what I should have said.

To be honest, I really didn't think anyone was going to read some guys (me again, ha...) post about some movie that he thought was cool... but then I saw this thread was on the front page. I realize saying it in 3rd person was pretty stupid and VERY juvenile...like no one would figure it out? Anyways, hope this doesn't start a flame war... but this is the internet after all, yeah?

I like how you managed to continue promoting your material even in your coming-clean statement.

My question is, what is the song you used for the story at the beginning? That was my freaking type yo!

It's by Alan Silvestri from the movie G.I. Joe.... is that the one you meant? Either that or Black wing metamorphosis from the ff7 life stream ocremix album