PSN Capcom Deals - 50% Discounts

Necrotic

So I figured all you folks at OCR would be interested on these Capcom PSN deals that just started. Capcom's slashing the price on a bunch of their games. Each week will be something different.

Today they slashed the price on Marvel Versus Capcom 2, causing it to go from $14.99 to $7.49.

So basically there's no excuse not to own MvC2 or SSF2T HD Remix within the next two weeks. If you don't already own them, you'd have to be mentally ill not to pick these games up for that price.

Week 1 (Feb 18): Marvel vs Capcom 2 - $7.49

Week 2 (Feb 25): Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix - $7.49

The rest are noticably not as cool. But regardless, if you're interested:

Week 3 (March 4): Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD - $4.99

Week 4 (March 11): Age of Booty - $4.99

Week 5 (March 18): 1942: Joint Strike - $4.99

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178019

There IS a reason not to own Jab Jab Super (Known to some as Marvel vs. Capcom 2). It's called Blazblue.

But those are damn good prices indeed. I am tempted to get Street Fighter Turbo HD because of the OC Remixes.

Get it because it is an awesome game.

I also agree with you on Blazblue. Mind you, I do love Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (own my copy on the Dreamcast), but that's almost in spite of itself given how horribly unbalanced it is. I'll grant that it's more balanced than a game like that has any business being, but it's still pretty bad.

And anyone who thinks Super Puzzle Fighter isn't awesome had better spend the five bucks to see how wrong they are.

Get it because it is an awesome game.

I also agree with you on Blazblue. Mind you, I do love Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (own my copy on the Dreamcast), but that's almost in spite of itself given how horribly unbalanced it is. I'll grant that it's more balanced than a game like that has any business being, but it's still pretty bad.

And anyone who thinks Super Puzzle Fighter isn't awesome had better spend the five bucks to see how wrong they are.

Yeah, Super Puzzle Fighter looks mighty tempting to me.

• 2 weeks later...
You dare utter the name of Bejeweled and not the better and original version Panel de Pon/Tetris attack? For shame :banghead:

I was never huge on vidya puzzle games with the exception of the original Tetris game on the PC/Gameboy back then. Plus don't care for bejeweled as much as you do considering that's all I ever see my co-workers play on their downtime.

These days I like puzzle games but I've never seriously got acquainted with Panel de Pon and Tetris Attack.

Bejeweled and Panel de Pon are quite different, actually. The only similarity is match-three tile-swapping; I seriously doubt Bejeweled is based on PdP in any conscious way.

Bejeweled is really passive; you match and then wait for new pieces to drop. PdP is heavily time and reflex based; constant pressure from rising tiles and the ability to match and move in between drops makes it an entirely different game.

If there's any popular puzzle game out there that's based heavily on PdP, it the iPhone game Aurora Feint, not Bejeweled.

As for Puzzle Fighter, it's quite unique in that it's not really based on color/tile matching at all; at least, not in the same way that games like Puyo Puyo or Panel de Pon are. The system is really tailored to a 'versus' mode and you can have a lot of crazy, brutal turnarounds.