OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

i posted that right after this

19:55 | <<atmuh>> 19:53 | <<atmuh>> powerlord why does waffle turn off now every map

19:55 | <<Powerlord>> [19:54:38] <Powerlord> It might have something to do with me changing the tf_use_fixed_spread setting in the cfg file. :P

19:55 | <<atmuh>> why

19:55 | <<atmuh>> i know that

19:55 | <<atmuh>> im asking why

19:56 | <<Powerlord>> Because I'm evil!

19:56 | <<Powerlord>> (and that's also the game's default)

19:56 | <<atmuh>> lots of people liked it on

19:56 | <<atmuh>> so

19:56 | <<bark>> Gentlemen! To Evil!

19:56 | <<atmuh>> its so much better on

19:57 | <<atmuh>> zero discussion about turning it off

you obviously turned it on afterwards and i thank you

Haha! I was just on for the past hour or so and did not notice big lag spikes at all. Hopefully they have been fixed, yes?

Anyway, Frogg would be proud of me as I got a 33 kill streak as Heavy (over the course of several maps) before having it ended by Kamikaze. >:( Good times!

My hiatus is extended beyond the Screw Attack Gaming Convention...after which I'll get my computer back in working order and I'll return to the server...it's just right now I'm having serious video card issues which are affecting the performance of this computer and a replacement is not in the cards as of yet...I'll monitor what I can...and if anyone can tell me how to make TF2 dying video card friendly, I might reappear from time to time between now and whenever I buy the replacement...but assuming the damn thing is crashing in the middle of Age of Empires II, I highly doubt it'll survive TF2 even on low quality.

Hey guys, reporting another late-light troll. Moonpie was being a general nuisance to the server at large (74% of players votekicked him once I forced the vote, since he wasn't showing up on the kicklist for a lot of them). He rejoined immediately and began bugging them again and ignored repeated requests to stop.

not true

i was there, some late night idiots that ive never seen started making fun of him for not spelling correctly. things spiraled from there into them ganging up on him

the only one pressing for a kick was aaron smalls who contacted an admin just because moonpie was making him look dumb. used 'trolling' to get moonpie kicked

Brain slug!!

Raisin Bran Slug!!!

How are you able to control Scouts so well with the airblast? My experience generally ends with the offending Scout shooting me mid airblast.

Amusingly, I was called a hacker last night by some Spy that kept uncloaking close enough for me to hear him plain as day. Like, a body length away.

It must be the headphones because I swear that the range for the decloak sound is around 15 feet. It has a very deep sound which is quite different from the general range of battle sounds which makes it easy to pick out.

Also, holy hell stairstabs are fun. I think I'm beginning to find that sweet spot on top of players.

Raisin Bran Slug!!!

How are you able to control Scouts so well with the airblast? My experience generally ends with the offending Scout shooting me mid airblast.

I dunno. Having a wall nearby helps a lot. Mostly I think it's my overwhelming desire to smash faces in with the homewrecker combined with brain slug's urgings to sacrifice in the name of Czernobog.

Or it could be lots and lots of luck.

P.S. first time quoting ever, be honored.

P.P.S. BRAIN SLUG!!

It must be the headphones because I swear that the range for the decloak sound is around 15 feet. It has a very deep sound which is quite different from the general range of battle sounds which makes it easy to pick out.

Also, holy hell stairstabs are fun. I think I'm beginning to find that sweet spot on top of players.

Welcome to the dark side. :grin:

Seems like it varies to me. Sometimes they don't hear me when I decloak right behind them, other times I'm 20 feet away behind a wall and they home in on me instantly.

As for stairstabs... what's even more fun is countering them. If you do it right, you can facestab them from underneath as they jump over you. This also applies when Scouts doublejump over you.

What are these spies doing, a tuck 'n' roll?

Chili likes to refer to them as facestabs but they are simply well placed side stabs. It does sound more impressive to say facestab rather than sidestab, though.

Amusingly, I was called a hacker last night by some Spy that kept uncloaking close enough for me to hear him plain as day. Like, a body length away.

Yeah, I was on then as well and was owning him as Heavy. He was just playing bad spy and running directly at people uncloaked as well. >_< When you make yourself that obvious we will kill you. Shooting each other in the face at point blank... that's how we say "Hello!" on the OCR TF2!