OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Yeah, good point.

Umm.

If you buy a reserved slot, email fireslash@fireslash.net with your order number (Will be on the receipt) and steam ID. If you dont' know your steam ID then include a link to your steam community profile, or your hlstats page ( http://www.ocrtf2.com/stats/hlstats.php )

Since I'm an admin, I aint gotta do that right?

I just started a donation at $2/mo. Hopefully everyone doing this shows that some people really are interested and will put their money where there mouth is. It's really cool how this community really is willing to chip in for stuff like this. :D

EDIT:

Edit: NO I'M NO LONGER DAN HIBIKI T_T dammit Goomba.
I'm still Dan Hibiki and I've been lurking for years... Q_Q

I've not copied the configs and mods over yet, but I've got a tf2 server up for anyone who wants to log in and check their pings.

206.217.135.91:27015

My ping was around the mid 70's which isn't too bad. I'd rather lower than that obviously, but it's not far off of what I had on the old server so I can live with it.

My ping was around the mid 70's which isn't too bad. I'd rather lower than that obviously, but it's not far off of what I had on the old server so I can live with it.

I did the best I could to find a datacenter that pings decently for everyone. It's not easy.

I did the best I could to find a datacenter that pings decently for everyone. It's not easy.

Hey no worries man. I'm not trying to complain about it. Mid 70's is perfectly playable and as good as I ever saw on the old server so no issues here. Actually, I think it might be a bit better than what I got on the old server. I've just been somewhat spoiled lately playing on servers with 30 ping all of the time.

So yeah, if you haven't checked the first post yet, the new servers are now operational (although I need to restart BLU to up the player count to 25).

Right now, both servers are identical other than what map they start rotation on. BLU starts on ctf_doublecross, RED starts on pl_goldrush.

BLU is blu.ocrtf2.com:27015 / 206.217.135.91:27015

RED is red.ocrtf2.com:27015 / 206.217.135.92:27015

Both are being tracked by our stats site.

So yeah, if you haven't checked the first post yet, the new servers are now operational (although I need to restart BLU to up the player count to 25).

Right now, both servers are identical other than what map they start rotation on. BLU starts on ctf_doublecross, RED starts on pl_goldrush.

BLU is blu.ocrtf2.com:27015 / 206.217.135.91:27015

RED is red.ocrtf2.com:27015 / 206.217.135.92:27015

Both are being tracked by our stats site.

So when do the reserve slots activate (or are they already) and do they count for both servers?

-Krowbar

So when do the reserve slots activate (or are they already) and do they count for both servers?

-Krowbar

They're up to date as of now. And yes, they affect both servers, and any other applicable servers should we add any in the future.

I've updated HLStatsX: CE to 1.6.9. This should resolve some issues dealing with how it logged teleports and fixes a potential issue with how stats are logged from multiple servers.

At present, it logs stats from all 4 servers are logged.

Also, I made a change that may piss people off: Crits no longer subtract a point from your score. Recent HLStatsX installs no longer have -1 for crits, so I figured popular support would be to disable it (we talked about this once before as I recall).

One last thing, I fixed the configuration on the two new servers so they no longer spam HLStatsX stats.

I've updated HLStatsX: CE to 1.6.9. This should resolve some issues dealing with how it logged teleports and fixes a potential issue with how stats are logged from multiple servers.

At present, it logs stats from all 4 servers are logged.

Also, I made a change that may piss people off: Crits no longer subtract a point from your score. Recent HLStatsX installs no longer have -1 for crits, so I figured popular support would be to disable it (we talked about this once before as I recall).

One last thing, I fixed the configuration on the two new servers so they no longer spam HLStatsX stats.

Awesome. So that means no more "[Player 1] got [X] points for killing [Player 2]" etc, right?

you could just play engineer only for about 3 weeks and get right up there with him

Last month alone, Frogg made 6,000 kills. In the same time frame, 43,000 Engineers were able to make 110,000 kills. Of those Engineers, the highest kill count belongs to Gamemaster, with 300. His K/D is roughly 1, Frogg's is around 4.

Please explain how a single Engineer can hope to reach 6,000 kills in 28 days. Going to a different server where Sentries are more than mild annoyances doesn't count because the stats only track the OCR servers.

Last month alone, Frogg made 6,000 kills. In the same time frame, 43,000 Engineers were able to make 110,000 kills. Of those Engineers, the highest kill count belongs to Gamemaster, with 300. His K/D is roughly 1, Frogg's is around 4.

Please explain how a single Engineer can hope to reach 6,000 kills in 28 days. Going to a different server where Sentries are more than mild annoyances doesn't count because the stats only track the OCR servers.

in hlstats the easiest way to increase your rank is to play only engineer its how i got to rank 1 a really really long time ago and its obviously how gamemaster is ranked so highly

you get points for each time you build a building each time you destroy a sapper each time someone takes your tele etc

you also rarely die because you rarely do anything

in hlstats the easiest way to increase your rank is to play only engineer its how i got to rank 1 a really really long time ago and its obviously how gamemaster is ranked so highly

you get points for each time you build a building each time you destroy a sapper each time someone takes your tele etc

you also rarely die because you rarely do anything

I would have guessed Medic was the fast track to points, not Engineer.

Still doubtful that we can overtake Frogg though. He's beating second place by 30,000 points iirc. Too lazy to check atm.