Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast 2 Announced

Dyne

So, I happen to watch certain keywords through Google Reader, and stumbled upon this little nugget for those of you who liked (even a little bit) of Raging Blast.

http://vgevo.com/site/showthread.php?t=278309

^ According to that post there, DBZ:RB2 is due out last 2010 for XBox 360 and PS3. Also, there will apparently be over 90 characters, including some not seen before in a game. So this should be interesting.

So what do you think?

I know Sean Schemmel was recently in Texas recording for a video game, presumably Raging Blast 2. What they really need is a game that is functionally like Budokai 1 to the extent that it has full cutscenes, but closer to Budokai Tenkaichi 2 in terms of the length of its story mode and the general number of battles fought throughout it.

The one nice thing about DBZ video games is that until now with Dragonball Kai, they were the only domestic DBZ products to feature an accurate and well-voiced dub completely through.

I never played the first Raging Blast, but I did play all of the games before it (Budokai 3 was the best, in my opinion; Infinite World was the worst, not counting some of the portable games). Basically, a DBZ game needs fun and functional controls, a solid 1-player story mode with tons of characters and voiced cutscenes, and a nice array of incidental options including a multiplayer mode.

There was a time when I would have killed for a dbz game.

Now there are so many that you wouldn't know where to start.

Not to mention every game has over 9000 characters to choose from that do the exact same thing.

Seriously, I think its time to call it a day with dbz games, they were good fun for a while, but its just getting ridiculous.

And this comes from a big fan of the show and previous games.

Also....

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 will once again have destructible environments, and will allow players to take their duels to the air, water, and land. While that’s more of the same, here’s what else is new… The Versus fight game features updated visuals. Depending on battle conditions, characters will host a variety of different facial expressions to provide a more exciting anime experience!

HOT DAMN NEW FACIAL EXPRESSIONS! I'M SO GETTING THIS GAME.

Need I say more? Time for the franchise to move on.

The saddest part is the series could make for a really fun, fast fighting game if a dev team put time into proper game mechanics and character variety/balancing. Instead they continue to opt for this design-2-characters-then-clone-them-50-times crap.

< / 3

I remember liking Legend of Goku 2 (the Game Boy Advance action RPG), although I never bothered playing the other two games in the series. I always thought action RPG was a more fitting genre for Dragon Ball Z than 1-on-1 fighting, given how much the story tends to focus on the characters gaining more and more power.

I might be interested in a new console action RPG, with the production values of the Raging Blast series, and co-op gameplay. That could be really awesome.

I also kind of wanted to get into the Budokai / Raging Blast / other Dragon Ball fighting games, but there are just too many of them to know where to even start.