bLiNd FINALLY has a Website

bLiNd

Ok, i probably shoulda had one of these like 5 years ago.

http://www.blind-music.com

I haven't actually added music but there are 2 new track previews in the player (including the one stevo/level 99 and I did together that is signed to Proxoz Recordings)

Updates will be coming

Also follow me on twitter and facebook

http://www.twitter.com/blindmusic

http://www.facebook.com/blindmusic

for ocr goers, my personal ones are

http://www.twitter.com/blindvegas

http://www.facebook.com/blindvegas

also

http://www.soundcloud.com/blindvegas

http://www.youtube.com/blindtrance

I offer services for those who need them (ocr would probably be most interested in my mastering abilities, all you folks get discounts <3

Look out for tons of new music this year from me including an original album.

thanks all!

Yea its a little bit of php, java, flash, asp.net balbla whatever designers use. I just know its his brain child and its nuts. Hes trying to get investors right now. If you contact him maybe he will let you beta test

http://www.markentingh.com

But yea hes helping me make more out of the site later down the road. Hes implementing twitter, rss feeds, facebook etc atm, but hes busy so someday lol

I'm gonna risk sounding grumpy and give some (hopefully constructive) criticism here.

The site's menu doesn't work at all in my browser. Whenever I click a button, it lights up and nothing else happens. So all I can see is the main page.

The synthesizer controls on the bottom of the page also don't work. But maybe they're not supposed to? It's not really clear whether they're just for show or actually supposed to do anything.

For reference, I'm using Opera 10.53, build 3374.

Compatibility issues like this are one of several reasons I usually prefer simple HTML user interfaces over flashy animated ones.

I do like the black and white design, with colour emphasising the buttons when they light up.

I'm gonna risk sounding grumpy and give some (hopefully constructive) criticism here.

The site's menu doesn't work at all in my browser. Whenever I click a button, it lights up and nothing else happens. So all I can see is the main page.

The synthesizer controls on the bottom of the page also don't work. But maybe they're not supposed to? It's not really clear whether they're just for show or actually supposed to do anything.

For reference, I'm using Opera 10.53, build 3374.

Compatibility issues like this are one of several reasons I usually prefer simple HTML user interfaces over flashy animated ones.

I do like the black and white design, with colour emphasising the buttons when they light up.

Most likely a compatibility issue.

I use Firefox and the menu works fine.

The synthesizer at the bottom would just be too cruel to actually have it work. Unless you had a really nice computer it would be better NOT to have an actual synthesizer running in your browser. :P I think it's just supposed to be an image (or MAYBE it's a hint that bLiNd is working on a new synthesizer with someone... :P)

The only thing I have to say is: GET FIREFOX :shock:

thanks all!

Yea its a little bit of php, java, flash, asp.net balbla whatever designers use. I just know its his brain child and its nuts. Hes trying to get investors right now. If you contact him maybe he will let you beta test

http://www.markentingh.com

But yea hes helping me make more out of the site later down the road. Hes implementing twitter, rss feeds, facebook etc atm, but hes busy so someday lol

I think "maybe" is an understatement :P He let me try it download the stuff so as soon as I can understand the documentation then I'll make a super awesome web site :P

The only thing I have to say is: GET FIREFOX :shock:

I have Firefox, I just prefer using Opera.

If a website requires me to switch to another browser, and it isn't my banking site or something, chances are I'm just not going to bother.

bLiNd may or may not care about that.

thanks for letting me know! We are gonna switch the menu to image links and the flash to swf components for better compatibility with browsers and even mobile phones. He is actually implementing a system to detect the best set of interpretation for browsers so if flash isn't supported it would switch to images and html, if html 5 isn't supported he would switch to standard etc. It will be more compatible in the future for sure but the fixes will be done this weekend, or possible tonight even. <3

PS - Rennder IS in beta so there will be bugs! He is actually looking for people to beta test, if you want to he will do custom designs for a fee (probably a couple hundred) and you can build your page the same way I did in rennder and report problems to him. Down the road this will be much more streamlined but i would say it turned out great. Thanks for the compliments all

Site looks really nice, man. And what's this about an original album coming out? DO WANT. The first preview track sounds bomb awesome.

EDIT: I'm also having issues navigating the site, same issue as mentioned before. Firefox 3.6.3, Mac OS X 10.6.4. I'll test it on my Windows machine when I get home. Safari 5.0, Chrome 5.0, and Stainless 0.7.5 can all load and navigate the site with no issues. Wasn't able to test Camino, as it was in need of an update and the download was too slow for me to bother with for now.

EDIT2: Odd. Issues disappear when the page is reloaded. Got the idea to do so after Safari wouldn't allow me to navigate the site after a few minutes of happily reading about history and future plans. Reloaded there, problem disappeared and all was back to normal. Reloaded the page in FF and got the same result. Odd.

Fake equalizer animations make me sad :(

But good music makes me happy :)

actually they are real, and dynamic to the music.

Site looks really nice, man. And what's this about an original album coming out? DO WANT. The first preview track sounds bomb awesome.

EDIT: I'm also having issues navigating the site, same issue as mentioned before. Firefox 3.6.3, Mac OS X 10.6.4. I'll test it on my Windows machine when I get home. Safari 5.0, Chrome 5.0, and Stainless 0.7.5 can all load and navigate the site with no issues. Wasn't able to test Camino, as it was in need of an update and the download was too slow for me to bother with for now.

EDIT2: Odd. Issues disappear when the page is reloaded. Got the idea to do so after Safari wouldn't allow me to navigate the site after a few minutes of happily reading about history and future plans. Reloaded there, problem disappeared and all was back to normal. Reloaded the page in FF and got the same result. Odd.

Thanks for the feedback, im forwarding everything said here to my budd.

Yes the album is in the works, got an intro done and the first track started. Hopefully looking to release this summer, since i have most of the ideas ready.

Hey that's pretty neat! But I argue that they still suck. When you have a thumping 4/4 kick and the equalizer is just going up and down randomly, it's pretty clear that they are not correlated, even if you are trying.

It's REALLY bothering me

wow....

did you even notice the speakers bumping dynamically to the tracks?!

wow....

did you even notice the speakers bumping dynamically to the tracks?!

Yeah I did! and I thought, wow, that's really neat! I watched it for 30 seconds, and finally when I heard that delicious 4/4 thumping kick and the speakers bumping *to a completely different tempo* I decided that that it was a fake.

now don't get me wrong, I think it's a marvelous idea. and I know the DSP is pretty hard to pull off to make it look good. But as is, it's NO BUENO

Actually, he did make it go to the kick for the first beta of the player. Only problem is it looked worse than now since it wouldn't stop the vibrations at all, no breathing space when the bass came in WITH the kick. It can only react to one bar on the eq so he did the low mid frequency instead of the lowest. So we thought of what you are saying already. He made the player from the ground up. There isn't anything out there that does this, so its the first of its kind and yes it is real and dynamic. I have subs in my car actually and that is how they look as well if bass is playing with a kick, it seems random but it is more realistic than you think.