E3 2010: Sony

The Damned

I like how they had Kevin Butler give a long speech about how it doesn't matter what you play or how you play it, all that matters is that you do play, and that you enjoy what you play...

And then have Jack Trenton say that the PSP is for real gamers and real games, and not for "those kids" on the other portables, and how they are being "scammed" with fake games.

Jesus christ, do they have anyone rad over what they write up for these things? Didn't someone look at it and think "hey, this kind of doesn't fit with what we just did ten minutes before," and try to fix it?

Damn, Sony. Just... just damn.

I like how they had Kevin Butler give a long speech about how it doesn't matter what you play or how you play it, all that matters is that you do play, and that you enjoy what you play...

And then have Jack Trenton say that the PSP is for real gamers and real games, and not for "those kids" on the other portables, and how they are being "scammed" with fake games.

Jesus christ, do they have anyone rad over what they write up for these things? Didn't someone look at it and think "hey, this kind of doesn't fit with what we just did ten minutes before," and try to fix it?

Damn, Sony. Just... just damn.

I caught that too. I almost died laughing until I realized just how sad that was.

Suffice it to say I'm underwhelmed by Sony's presentation this year. 40 minutes of "this is what makes the Sony Move cool, dude" with little gaming evidence to back it up did nothing for me.

I didn't actually watch Sony's conference, but from how little people seem to be reacting/caring about whatever went on, it must have been a miserable failure of a conference.

To be fair, it's still going on right now, so maybe they have something really great at the end.

But yeah, it's pretty much the same thing as the last couple of years. Clips, smack-talk, more clips, more smack-talk. Hell, they showed Dead Space 2 and it was mostly cutscenes. The guy was just standing there with a controller, and he maybe had fifteen seconds of actual control over the game. The rest of it was all cinematics.

You've missed very little. I'd just wait for the youtube parodies.